Owning a car in Montenegro

To have a car registered in your own name in Montenegro you must have Temporary residency.You must get your Temporary residents card and then you can apply to have the car in your own name.The other option is for you to get a friend to put the car in their name if you don't have a temporary residency card.There is also a tax to be paid if you are changing ownership of car into your name and this based on the value of the car.

Beware of putting in a “friends" name.: more than once this friend has taken over owner#hip

I would agree  strongly with your  advice about putting  the car ownership in your friends  name as you dont know what might happen. I had my car in my friends name and my friend  owed some money and debt collectors were about to seize  my car but my friend  told me about  it  so  I took out temporary  residency  and it was possible  to put the car in my name.
I

Any idea about the tax % for owning the car ?

Around 5% for transfer ownership + some 200-800 euros registration for a year (this includes technical inspection + insurance) depending on the car's engine