As a foreigner, which agency to trust to sell the land

Hello,

I bought a land in cambodia throught my family in cambodia.

Can u recommend an agency in Cambodia that will take care of selling the land ? Which i can trust so i don't live in Cambodia

Thank a lot for your help

Hello.

You better find a reliable person to do that business, selling land or a house is of course a matter of a real estate agent, but you have to keep an eye on them in order to guarantee they do the best in your interest.

I guess the land is not in your name, as foreigners can't own land unless they have a company.

If the land is on the name of your family (what happened with them?) you won't be able to sell it.

I hope you can sort it out.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Hello,

Thank for taking the time to respond.

As you said earlier, the difficult part is to find a reliable, honest, trustworthy, transparent real estate agency in  Cambodia that will work for our best intestest

The issue with a poor corrupt country, there is no rule, no regulation,  everyone is corrupted when money is involved even family member that helped bought the land....

We can't trust no one

As an expat that lives in Cambodia, do u have any recommandation for real estate agency?

Pm me I know a lady that is extremely honest , I've known her three years I personally would go with her , she's and her sister are totally honest

There are several internationally recognised Real Estate agents in Cambodia. CBRE, Knight FRANK, Jones Lang etc. I don't work for any of the agencies nor have any business dealing with them.

I'm Cambodia too, yet I don't deny to say there is corruption and dishonest in this field. However, we need to know at least someone and there is a mutual benefit to consider when anyone spends time and expense to help us. Honesty is where clear interest is set and shared. We can't define it through just referring to people who help us for free.