Postal service or DHL/UPS

To receive medical marihuana from the states.

Could anyone tell me if this is possible? using DHL/UPS my best option for packages to remain unopened. Thanks for any positive feedback

Just suppose the package looks like it was unopened, but in fact the police wait to see who picks it up. fancy a holiday in Prey Sar prison? A few years sharing a toilet with 20 other residents may be just what you need. If not, forget it and just buy local. If you ask around expats you will easily get a supply, especially among younger people and musicians. Sometimes the air in some bars here is enough to give a sniffer dog a headache.

Good advice.

Are there police here in PP? still haven't seen one. other than on the road stopping motorbikes.

Also it is Highly unlikely there would be bothered to stake out on one small parcel.

local weed sucks. not medical quality.

But the law is soon to change, to keep up with Thailand.

Legalize it  and get tourism economy back on track.

I have read UPS doesn't go though the post office no checks. But will have to pick it up.

@babeliciousfashion2022

Marijuana is a forbidden substance in Cambodia.

You could go to Thailand and get it there.

Cheers.

Joe

@babeliciousfashion2022 I can only tell you what DHL has done for me in the past. I had a package arrive from the US a few years ago. It only contained shoes. This package was opened and inspected by Cambodian customs and duty inspectors. I would not ship any substance like marijuana across international borders and count on no one opening the package. Another time I shipped a similar package to Phnom Penh with USPS international priority mail, this package was opened at the Phnom Penh post office before some Khmer friends were able to pick it up for me.

I would not even attempt to ship a substance to Cambodia which is illegal. DHL and UPS will open packages and assess duty and customs fees. They do this in Vietnam too. I could show you time and again when I shipped things via DHL and UPS where the package was resealed after inspection.

I think you are asking for trouble doing this personally.

@JoeKhmer i think the Law is soon to change to keep up with Thailand. what do you think on this matter?

@mpmilestogo thanks great clear advice

@babeliciousfashion2022

No way. Even the Thai law is a very unstable one and could be ended sooner or later.

Cambodia is very strict on drugs, including marijuana.

Cheers.

Joe

@JoeKhmer

The new Thai cannabis Law is open to entrapment.

Everyone thinks it's legal to buy , grow & smoke weed.

OK…yes you can buy it from retail outlets anywhere now & also grow it for personal use.

BUT…it's the smoking of it that is STILL illegal in public.

You can only legally smoke it in your OWN home…..and if a neighbour complains , that's game over.

One warning….then your arrested.

So where does that leave you…sitting on the toilet, or hiding under the bed smoking incase the neighbours get a sniff of it & dob on you.  So really, it's no different to what happens now.

However , there are loads of stoners walking around the streets puffing away……but if a Cop needs some ready cash to pay some bills….that Law will be tempting for him to apply , and hope you'll bribe your way out of it.

It's  a mess …selective application of the Law.