Cambodian Police Clearance Certificate- HELP!!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for help if anyone knows how to get the Police Clearance Certificate without currently living in Cambodia. I lived and work in Battambang for 1 year in 2017 but now I'm back in Italy and I'm preparing all documents to go to Canada with "working-holiday" Visa.

(I have 19 days left to get all the requested documents, so it is a bit pressing)

I'm trying to contact the Cambodian offices but no answer, I emailed the Italian embassy in Bangkok and I'm waiting for a response.

Please, if anyone can help me .... Thank you !

I am literally having the EXACT same problem now :( I lived in Battambang for total 9.5 months and the  process to get a police certificate seems like a nightmare!

I did find these instructions (below) from the British Embassy which do outline how you get one:
however I have no idea how someone can do this without actually being in Cambodia! Good luck and if you find anything else out let me know please!

The British Embassy does not issue the police clearance certificate to British and other nationalities; however, a foreigner in Cambodia can obtain a police clearance report for period when they were resident in Cambodia from the Ministry of Justice.
There are 3 steps to process:
From YOU:
 Get your accommodation rental agreement/s translated into Khmer
 2 Passport photograph (Size 40mmx60mm)
 Copies of your passport and visa pages for the duration of your residency.

At the Commune:
 Take the rental agreement/s together with the passport photograph, and copies of your passport & visa to the commune responsible for the area where you live.
 Complete the form issued by the commune (only issued and must be completed in Khmer language) to obtain a Residence Certificate.
If you have lived in more than one commune, you will need to get the Residence Certificate from each commune.

At the Ministry of Justice
Take the Residence Certificate with the completed CV document (copy can be obtained from the Ministry of Justice) to the Ministry of Justice.
It will take up to 20+ working days to obtain a Police Clearance Report
The Ministry of Justice is located at:
N0. 240, Sothearuos Boulevards
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Telephone / Fax: +855 (0)23 364 119

hi alice,

thanks a lot for those clear structured informations *thumbsup*

unfortunately I can't help with a concrete information.
but maybe with an idea: are there any agents for visa and permit issues?

you know? you pay them, they finish the process, in shortest time.


Hello guys.

A pity you don't google enough. Here is an extract of a Wikiprocedure page [link will follow] that states:

Applicants can authorize someone to apply for the Police Certificate for him/her. The applicant should complete an authorization form (the sample of the form is available at Criminal Office at Ministry of Justice), who can submit the completed forms at the Criminal Office. However, if the applicant is in Cambodia, they will be required to submit the form for themselves.

Required Information

    Name of resident
    House address
    How long/length of stay that the resident stayed/ has stayed at that address

Here is the link to that site and on the site is also a link to the MoJ. … rtificate_(Certificate_of_Behaviour)

Good luck.

Cambodia expat-advisor team

Add to this that I advise to contact Lucky Lucky Motorcycles as they are the most reliable agent in PP and most knowledgeable too.

Good luck.


Did you resolve your situation? How? I am in the same boat.

Thanks Joe,

I found this useful, but in my situation, I cannot provide the completed forms, I don’t have a residency certificate, as I was never registered with a commune / sangkat.

Have you found any information on how to proceed in this case?


Hi Nick,

My partner is over there trying to do the same thing right now. He'll be applying for a defacto partnership visa soon for Australia and we need to provide a Cambodian police check too. He just got our residence certificates yesterday! He needed to collect the forms from the Ministry of Justice in PP, have them signed by our landlord, and then take them to the local sangkat (in our case, Sihanoukville) along with copies of our passport. Because he was doing mine for me (I'm in Aus) he needed to show copies of my passport photo page, and my first and last visas. He also needed a passport photo and info of my parents' birthdays. He actually had a local Cambodian, and friend of a friend do it for us as he could explain the situation better to the sangkat. It seems as though they don't come by these forms very often! It was also tricky because we left Cambodia about 2 years ago and were never registered with the local sangkat so it was really helpful having someone be able to explain all of this on our behalf. It cost $50 for both certificates in the end. Now he can take our residence certificates to PP to hopefully have our police checks processed. If you aren't able to go to Cambodia at all to do any of this, you can write a letter to authorise someone to do it there on your behalf.


Hi! I need an advice what to do to obtain a POLICE CLEARANCE. I work before in Cambodia my last contract was March 2017, how can i authorize a person in Cambodia? Is it possible to get it without my presence? I dont have a residential certificate and bio data with a stamp. I only have a emplyment certificate from my previous work.

What is the best thing to do? Please help me.

Thank you

Hello Pinay20.

Above you will find my post with link to the Ministry of Justice.

There it starts, as there you can get the application form with all questions.
After or before that you need to find a Cambodian person who can act in your name, as the application form has to be filled out in Khmer language.

Go to the website in the link and read for yourself.

Good luck.


Ok thank you 🙏🏻

New topic