Residence certificate?

How do I get one?

@narcrepellant2525

Go to the Sangkat of the area/village where you live.

Joe

Hello, I am also trying to get a residence book.

The Sangkat (Police) initially was telling us because we are renting the house we live in and do not own it, they can not provide a residence book. ??

We questioned further, as they said they will require the plans / title from the owner of the house to provide the residence book.

Does this sound right?

Hi

Residence certificate that you asked for is the letter certifying that you are actually residing at this address (either leased house or owned). This is what you can ask for.

The residence book can be asked by the house owner (having the house title or land title). And the registration of other members in the residence book shall be made by the owner of the book (not you).

@Kosal855

What happens if you are a owner of a property through a nominee ?

Can you get residence proof by residing in hostel?

@narcrepellant2525

If your hostel did well they registered you in the immigration app called FPCS ( Foreigners Present in Cambodia System).

That is your proof of residence.

A copy of your page in the FPCS is supposed to be submitted when you apply for an extension of stay.

Joe

Thank you Joe, you are always great source of info on this forum.

Forgot to ask, is there any time frame before I apply for residence certificate? Like staying at least month or more, etc? TIA.

@narcrepellant2525

Registration should be done soon after arrival.

Occasionally immigration police visits hotels, guesthouses, apartment buildings to check the registration of the foreigners present.

Is it like Thailand do you need funds in bank to stay in country

No