Getting married with a Blue Card

Pleased to meet you all. It's an honor for me to join a community as outstanding as this.

Before anything, I consider it most appropriate for me to introduce myself:
My name is Omar Garcia, I am 28 years old. I was born in Mexico, where I studied a Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Communication, and a Master's Degree in International Management (with two exchange programs, in the USA and the UK).

A few weeks ago, I left my job as Communications Director to study another Master's Degree, but now in Germany. All my documents and visa are ready, and I am only waiting until January 2020 for classes to begin.

As a new member of this community, it would be an honor for me to help you with anything, if my profile can be useful. Feel free to write me and you can be sure I will give my best for this forum.

Once I have introduced myself, I would like to present a concern that has me extremely worried.

There's a job opportunity waiting for me as soon as I finish this Master's Degree in 12 months in the same city (Berlin). So I will be applying for a Blue Card. Up to this point, everything is perfectly structured and is running smoothly.

The only thing I still don't know for sure how to handle is the procedure with my fiancee. After much research, I have understood that once I have the Blue Card, I am free to marry my fiancee in our home country (we are both from Mexico), and then come back to Germany to fill out the respective paperwork so she can come to live with me in Germany. Is this correct or am I missing something?

There is no much information around about this topic and I feel overwhelmed. I hope any of you have some suggestion; I would be really thankful.

Once again, if there is anything I can help you with, I'd be glad. I'm excited about all the experience and knowledge we can share.

Keep up the great work with this site and have an excellent day!

Your understanding is correct: Once you are legally married, you can apply for a family reunion visa for her to join you in Germany.
The visa application takes a long time, several months at least, and since it is sent to various offices in Germany as well, the durantion depends on their workload.
The requirements are that you have sufficient financial means (at kleast €9000/year per person) and living space (e.g. rented apartment of 45sqm or more) for both of you. The requirement for her to speak basic German is waived if both spouses are foreigners, but it would of course help her when she moves.

Wow, friend. I can't find the right words to express how grateful I am with you for the time you spent answering my question.

Indeed, I am a person who likes to structure each plan perfectly, and this plan in Berlin is going perfect in order to keep improving my professional career. Nevertheless, only this topic about my fiancee had me really worried: It will be a long wait, but I am sure it will be worth it.

Well, thank you once again. It might seem like a simple exchange of messages between two strangers, but it means much more than you might think. You have helped me greatly and I would like to return the favor in any way, friend. If there is anything I can help you with, it will be a great honor for me.

Have a great week!

You don't need to return the favour to me. Sharing information and assisting others is what this site is for. Much better if you stick around and in future help others who are in need of help, just like you are now.

beppi wrote:

You don't need to return the favour to me. Sharing information and assisting others is what this site is for. Much better if you stick around and in future help others who are in need of help, just like you are now.

Beppi it's always nice to be appreciated.

+1 to Beppi !