Rental law - apartment vs (town)house

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible for the community to limit holiday rentals for houses  in the neighbourhood as with apartments?

I am interested in buying a property in Malaga city and have red about this but can not find information on how this law affect houses.

Best regards Avbryt

A ‘community' in Spain is not a neighbourhood as in an area of a town or city.

“Community properties in Spain are ones that share common areas or elements with other property owners. Community properties can include all manner of dwellings, such as apartments, villas or townhouses, but have a facility or area that is shared and communal.”

Thanks Johncar for a very clarifying answer!

So buying a (town)house without shared common areas or elements will be safe in this regard.

Are there flats/apartments without shared common areas or elements would you say?

Please tell me where you got the information from. You have made my life easier, been looking for the information A LOT! Thanks

Best regards Avbryt

Buying a property which is not in a community will mean there is no community group which can exert any controls.  Thus a neighbour can do anything they like providing it is not illegal under local law

If  a house/ apartment etc, which is not part of a ‘community' then they would not be covered by the rules of a community, albeit that it may share common areas.

I googled ‘what is a community in spain'

Again... Big thanks... I am going to Malaga city next week looking for property.

Regards

Good luck!
Bank repos are usually cheaper but can be slow.
Most importantly, please be sure before you part with your deposit as not all agencies are genuine or even registered.
Sometimes the agency advertising are not registered to sell some bank properties but won't tell you.
Not all bank properties are actually bank properties, agents pass off investor owned properties as bank properties which can be tricky and sometimes untraceable.
Sellers should have a legitimate address and NIF tax ID.
It is worth checking online if  both the sellers and agents registered address corresponds with the one written on the contract.
Never pay more than 5% deposit or 3000€ maximum for deposit. Deposits are negotiable even when they try to refuse...maintain the prescribed limit above.
Some unscrupulous agencies will charm you to trust them to interpret the documents which is in Spanish.
Always ask for copy to read ahead of signing. Never sign without  taking away the documents to read..there is always Google translator to help however rubbish it sounds .you can at least pick out conditions that may affect you losing your deposit.
Read the compromiso independently.
If any agent prints out a document and tries to get  you to sign same day...just run!

We learnt the hard way .we lost two deposits.

Thanks for sharing the hard won knowledge of yours.  I have not found one single bank reposession but I only look in Malaga city.

I will after your post really make sure not to be too spontaneus!!!