Andalusian Property Advice

Hi! My partner and I are planning on relocating to Andalusia from Australia next year.

I think that we will rent a place first and then look at buying somewhere, but after hearing a few horror stories about property purchases in Spain, I want to try to be sure I am in good hands.

Can anyone recommend a solicitor / lawyer / law firm who can assist us with our property purchase? 

Thanks!

We purchased a property last year and are happy to recommend the lawyer we used:

(Could you please communicate by PM?;) )

He handled matters well for us, especially as the purchase was transacted whilst we were travelling in other countries.

Thank you very much Sonjat! I really appreciate it! I will make contact with him asap.

Hello,

Do you mind sharing the solicitor's details.

Thanks

Hi
Try our solicitor Manzanares solicitor in Marbella Spain.
They are good, they are our solicitor when we bought our townhouse in Andalusia last 2003.
Best of luck,
Tautens

Hi
Read your post.the law firm recommend by you
Do they translate all documents into English. Worried
As I am hearing not good stories about people getting rip off

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Advertising of services and products is not allowed on the forum. Please register in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi we purchased a town house in Andalusia at Córdoba we have had no problem through our Manzanares solicitors Marbella, I highly recommend.

My advice:

Most important thing to judge when buying property in Spain is that the real estate agent is professional.

Unfortunately most agents do not speak English, do not provide translated copies of the contracts/documents, do not show up on time, ...

Going through an English-speaking lawyer is best, but for the property itself, better find an English-speaking agent.

I would suspect the majority, maybe be even all, the people who have bought properties and later discovered they had serious problems,  had a lawyer whom they believed was ‘good'

Unfortunately one will believe their lawyer was competent if they did not discover that anything went wrong     Of course that is a poor reason to recommend

I did my research In 1983 when I came to spain and bought my first property and since then have sold and bought and assisted my son to do so.    I chose not to take a risk and use a lawyer.   May be I have been lucky but I have never had a problem.

Sorry that may be of not much help Bernie

Why on earth would you want to leave Austrailia? as beautiful as Andalusia is, id give anything to of had the opportunity but having medical problems didn't stand a chance.

We are moving to the Vera Playa at the beginning of September. Ive lost count of the amount of inquiries ive sent out regarding properties online we've found, still not one available for rent. Any ideas ?

From connections I have with people in the letting agency area, and as you have discovered, long term rentals are very hard to find   

If you do find something you may have to pay more than you expected and accept something below the standard you were hoping for

Please don't tell me that. Ive seen loads advertised, yet no one replies to the emails i send, or the property has gone. But thanks for the info.

jeffcaz2302 wrote:

Please don't tell me that. Ive seen loads advertised, yet no one replies to the emails i send, or the property has gone. But thanks for the info.

Also some agency wont even reply to foreigners especially if you message, email them, calling is better

First time I was looking for an apartement in Spain I answered to maybe 50 ads

3 answers : 1 cancelled the visit last minutes, 1 was taken by the visit before me, hopefully the last one was the one

We've had one agent trying to put us off all 3 of the ads we liked and responded too. Hoping to get something pinned down tomorrow, some friends of ours who live down in vera are going to the one agents in the morning to endeavor through all the crap and get a deposit on an apartment or duplex with private garden.