Rent a flat or a house in Andalusia

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Andalusia. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Andalusia.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Andalusia?

How to find a home in Andalusia: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi Christine,

Well as for everywhere else it pretty much depends where in particular you are looking to rent.

I am in Jerez de la Frontera, where you can rent a fully furnished 3 bedroom semi-detached for €550.00 a month. Funny enough the same amount will not rent you the same size flat and you would have to pay community fee of up to 10% more on top.

Long let by the coast will save you big money, however you have to make a reasonable offer. The market isa satuared with flats and houses to rent and/or sell.

Renting from private rather than agency does make a huge difference in cost (up to 30% believe it or not!!) howevewr I strongly suggest that you only do this if you are fluent in Spanish. There are hundres of websites that can give you an idea, try nestoria.es with the area you are interested in.

As in paperworks they will ask you for proof of I.D. and proof of income.

Hope I am not forgetting anything.

Let me know how you get along.

Marco

Thanks for your input Marco ;)

Armand