Is the vietnamcupid dating site legit

@Mac68
Mac, you're responding to me?
-@Aidan in HCMC

Well, not sure. Just responding to conversation of people meeting people. You are a long time Expat in Vietnam.

Mature seemingly in responses.

MAc

I do not recommend any form Iof Internet dating AT ALL - anywhere including VN. If you are younger you will have better luck to buy motorbike and drive around and have chat with people, it's always better option than Internet based dating.
-@narcrepellant2525

It's not a matter of what's definitely and factually right for all people.

Especially if a person isn't looking for something serious, the spontaneous nature of your approach has a lot of appeal for like-minded men.

But everyone doesn't have the same goals:

Some guys want a quick hookup without any sort of commitment.

Others are searching for just the right woman who ticks all of the boxes on their dream list.

Others (a very large group) are somewhat aimless, vacillating between wanting one-night stands and falling heels-over-head for someone who truly convinces them that they've discovered THE One.

I personally think that's how too many men end up feeling dissatisfied with both dating apps and the casual approach:

Not because the app is no good or the bar scene is rigged, but because they have never made a definite decision about what they want in a woman. 

When a man finally makes that decision, the great strength of the dating apps such as Vietnam Cupid & MatchDOTcom is that you are able to cut through much (not all) of the guessing that goes into the casual & spontaneous approach and focus on women who check the boxes for you AND who are looking for someone like you.

I first used a precursor to online dating in about 1992, when there were personals ads in the local San Diego newspaper.

Anyone could post a free, short, attention-getting headline, and also record a 1 minute greeting for anyone who accessed the toll-free number and entered your ID code.

My sister was observing me go through the process and she called me on my tendency to want to contact women who seemed attractive to me BUT who weren't looking for someone like me (very hefty, like an over-fed bear).

She encouraged me to lead with that honestly, because she felt there were actually a lot of women looking for my "type".

So I created an ad that began, "Big, Brian Dennehy type..."

I then discovered you can record many words in 1 minute, so I took my time writing my blurb and practicing using my best speaking voice. 

In 24 hours I had over 40 replies to my ad.

I had phone conversations with 24.

I met 10 for coffee.

I dated 4 of them at least once after that and 2 of them for a number of months.

1 finally became my exclusive girlfriend, and we came very close to getting married during our 10 year, sometimes long-distance relationship.

(I'm pretty sure my faulty memory has those numbers correctly)

If that girlfriend hadn't passed away suddenly after moving to rural Idaho to be near her grandchildren, I might very well have chosen to move there instead of returning to Việt Nam in 2018, because she treated me just as lovingly as my Vietnamese wife does.

So IF a guy really wants someone specific and not just a surprise behind door number 2, then online dating (including Vietnam Cupid) does have great potential as a helpful tool, when used with caution.

I do not recommend any form Iof Internet dating AT ALL - anywhere including VN. If you are younger you will have better luck to buy motorbike and drive around and have chat with people, it's always better option than Internet based dating.
-@narcrepellant2525

Everyone is different and uses them for different reasons. If there was no market for them they would not exist. I met my misses not on a dating site, but on an Internet radio side. Mind you I had known her for a while. She came and spent Christmas with me and my family. 30 days later I bought a one-way ticket and moved in with her.

-@narcrepellant2525

It's not a matter of what's definitely and factually right for all people.

Especially if a person isn't looking for something serious, the spontaneous nature of your approach has a lot of appeal for like-minded men.

But everyone doesn't have the same goals:

Some guys want a quick hookup without any sort of commitment.

Others are searching for just the right woman who ticks all of the boxes on their dream list.

Others (a very large group) are somewhat aimless, vacillating between wanting one-night stands and falling heels-over-head for someone who truly convinces them that they've discovered THE One.

I personally think that's how too many men end up feeling dissatisfied with both dating apps and the casual approach:

Not because the app is no good or the bar scene is rigged, but because they have never made a definite decision about what they want in a woman.

When a man finally makes that decision, the great strength of the dating apps such as Vietnam Cupid & MatchDOTcom is that you are able to cut through much (not all) of the guessing that goes into the casual & spontaneous approach and focus on women who check the boxes for you AND who are looking for someone like you.

I first used a precursor to online dating in about 1992, when there were personals ads in the local San Diego newspaper.

Anyone could post a free, short, attention-getting headline, and also record a 1 minute greeting for anyone who accessed the toll-free number and entered your ID code.

My sister was observing me go through the process and she called me on my tendency to want to contact women who seemed attractive to me BUT who weren't looking for someone like me (very hefty, like an over-fed bear).

She encouraged me to lead with that honestly, because she felt there were actually a lot of women looking for my "type".

So I created an ad that began, "Big, Brian Dennehy type..."

I then discovered you can record many words in 1 minute, so I took my time writing my blurb and practicing using my best speaking voice.

In 24 hours I had over 40 replies to my ad.

I had phone conversations with 24.

I met 10 for coffee.

I dated 4 of them at least once after that and 2 of them for a number of months.

1 finally became my exclusive girlfriend, and we came very close to getting married during our 10 year, sometimes long-distance relationship.

(I'm pretty sure my faulty memory has those numbers correctly)

If that girlfriend hadn't passed away suddenly after moving to rural Idaho to be near her grandchildren, I might very well have chosen to move there instead of returning to Việt Nam in 2018, because she treated me just as lovingly as my Vietnamese wife does.

So IF a guy really wants someone specific and not just a surprise behind door number 2, then online dating (including Vietnam Cupid) does have great potential as a helpful tool, when used with caution.
-@OceanBeach92107

I had great fun on Zalo "friends near you" when it existed, lots of coffee outings, some meals too & to be honest all pretty good ladies & generally not gold diggers but OMG some looked nothing like their photos! (& before any smart ass makes a comment I always find it best to portray your self as what you are as it saves complications when you actually meet) it was quite enlightening & good fun really. Until I met Ms My on it & been with her & no other for 4 years going on 5.

...but OMG some looked nothing like their photos!
-@goodolboy

LOL! "Hello Chi. I was to meet your daughter here" :)

...but OMG some looked nothing like their photos!
-@goodolboy

LOL! "Hello Chi. I was to meet your daughter here" smile.png
-@Aidan in HCMC

Literally!!

Three different times I went to meet somebody who looked pretty young and nice, in their late twenties or early 30s, only to have them either tell me that they were meeting me to clear me for their aunt or their single mom, or they brought that person along and they were sitting there in the place watching us, ready to be introduced!!

@HenryJo its definitely legit. I've met many women on VNC for over 10 years. made friends and partners.

You have to know what you're doing as on any dating site.

Message first, then Video. If she won't videochat, move on.

Good English is a must! Proven by videochat.

Don't send money, ever.

Meet soon. If not near you, find some who is.

Meet their friends. Not too many friend will go along with a scammer, but as long as you're not giving money its hard to be scammed.

Beware of sick parents -  she'll need money for them eventually - stay away from single mums unless that's what you want?

If she's working,  it's probably long hours 6 days a week. Be sure of what you're looking for?

I first met my wife on this sight back in 2014. I came to VN in 2016 and married her 6 months later. We are still happily married today.   

@OceanBeach92107 don't be put off by having to buy coffee for two of them. its quite natural in Vietnamese culture to be shy and cautious,  even if their English is good, besides, you might be a better match with the friend…

I found my wife there 5 years ago. . The most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Happily ever after.

I met my wife of 5 years now on Vietnam Cupid. I had a paid membership so I could expedite things since I only had 1 month in VN at the time. I had about 30 messages right from the start, chat and message them all and narrowed down to about half. Decided to meet 5-6 on first dates. Narrowed down to 3 and went for coffee/dinners/outings/etc for the next few weeks with them. Finally decided on 1 since we hit off really well on our dates. I did meet a few scammers on those first dates and ended them quickly. Like other posters said before, don't fall for them asking for money.

Do your homework. Delete the scammers/false leads/dead ends early on. As with any investment, you have to spend time and money. After all, I consider this human capital, rather than monetary. A good sign is that good women are very cautious, and they usually bring friends to your dates so expect to pay extra for the chaperones. Almost all the nice women I met did this. Just don't let it drag out too long, otherwise they're just using you as an ATM for nice dinners.

I actually met my wife only twice. We did the long distance relationship after I got back to the states. I had a good time with the other women though. I just tell them we weren't compatible in the end and most took it well even if they're a little sad. Thank goodness I didn't meet any psychotic ones.

Overall, my take is dating sites are good for meeting women. You just have to sort thru the riff-rafts and find the few good ones in there. Good luck to those who are back on the dating scene.

I like this: "Not because the app is no good or the bar scene is rigged, but because they have never made a definite decision about what they want in a woman. "

I agree.

I like this: "Not because the app is no good or the bar scene is rigged, but because they have never made a definite decision about what they want in a woman. "
I agree.

-@Lennerd

Timeless quote...

😁

@OceanBeach92107

...and they've got sort through the riff-rats of men.