Is the vietnamcupid dating site legit

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

I have a sneaky suspicion if we asked her to describe your relationship, she might differ from what you have to say.

Wow, pompous much?

I have a sneaky suspicion that you have no clue what you are talking about.  :lol:

Brick23 wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

I have a sneaky suspicion if we asked her to describe your relationship, she might differ from what you have to say.

Wow, pompous much?

I have a sneaky suspicion that you have no clue what you are talking about.  :lol:

I think, based on what you have written, you are playing with this woman.

You are the one who said she is paranoid.

Then you also say you have an agreement to be friends.

Maybe I am pompous, but that doesn't change you being, at best, clueless.

Go ahead and copy our exchange and show it to her and see what she says.

(I reread everything again, and I note you call her your "landlady" but the tone and context of your comments infers that you have at least danced around the idea of a relationship, otherwise why remark about it in this thread?)

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Brick23 wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Wow, pompous much?

I think, based on what you have written, you are playing with this woman.

You are the one who said she is paranoid.

Then you also say you have an agreement to be friends.

Maybe I am pompous, but that doesn't change you being, at best, clueless.

Go ahead and copy our exchange and show it to her and see what she says.

(I reread everything again, and I note you call her your "landlady" but the tone and context of your comments infers that you have at least danced around the idea of a relationship, otherwise why remark about it in this thread?)

Good grief. I entered this thread to make some positive comments that I felt were pertinent to the topic, and having done so I will now exit it.

If you feel it necessary to continue with your oafishness, please do so via PM.

Brick23 wrote:

Good grief. I entered this thread to make some positive comments that I felt were pertinent to the topic, and having done so I will now exit it.

Ocean is just messing with you, Brick. Hang in there!  :top:

And realize the 'why' of his comment is that he, and others of us, are protective of Vietnamese women. It is a chivalry born out of special appreciation, and unlike prevailing attitudes you will find on many Thai and Philippine blogs which see local women as game to be hunted.

Speaking of dating sites, I've been testing this OKCupid thingy for Saigon and they're using the "swipe" technique, so have to "like" or "dismiss" each profile sequentially and it seems there's an unlimited number of women in there. It really looks legit and I got a few of these contacts on Zalo now but chatting and exchanging takes lots of time and energy, I think I'm getting too old for for this type of online dating. There's a couple of Vietnamese women looking for "FWB" which is not something I'm used to see, back in 2011 you rarely saw this in Vietnam. Anyway, believe it or not at the moment I'm mainly looking for a female "friend" I can have coffees with and practice my poor Vietnamese, and as fate would have it the one that seems the nicest is from the North (living in Saigon) and I want to practice the South dialect. Such is my luck!

WillyBaldy wrote:

...  Anyway, believe it or not at the moment I'm mainly looking for a female "friend" I can have coffees with and practice my poor Vietnamese, and as fate would have it the one that seems the nicest is from the North (living in Saigon) and I want to practice the South dialect. Such is my luck!

Well I suggest that despite your terrible bad luck, you choose the nicest woman regardless of her little dialect issue.

https://pixen.netlify.com/pix/interesting.jpg

:lol: Well, from experience I can tell you that having the "South" dialect with South Vietnamese women gives you an edge over having a "North" dialect... so I see learning the South dialect as an investment since the South is my favourite region.

It is legit and it is great. You need to know how to play your cards though. I dated more girls in 3 months using Vietnam Cupid than I did in 30 years back home.

Completely ignore the messages sent to you as most of them are scam (this is the same anywhere in the world on any online dating platform). You should be the person initiating the conversation. Good luck

They opened up the messaging for an hour and I connected with a woman in my town. She was real. OTOH, I believe in real communication. Exchanging links to Facebook is totally common. g

I met my wife on vietnamcupid and she was the one who wrote me first, we chatted for 10 days on the site and then to viber.  We met in person in january and married in march, have been with her ever since, and we are both truly happy

In related news about dating sites/apps:

U.S. Federal Trade Commission Sues MatchDOTcom/Tinder for Promoting Fake Profiles

So perhaps Vietnam Cupid does the same thing and OP's concerns are somewhat justified?

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

U.S. Federal Trade Commission Sues MatchDOTcom/Tinder for Promoting Fake Profiles

So perhaps Vietnam Cupid does the same thing and OP's concerns are somewhat justified?

The same could be said about forums, many fake profiles. Facebook is full of them.

colinoscapee wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

The same could be said about forums, many fake profiles. Facebook is full of them.

At least forums and Facebook are usually free. When fake profiles are created to push people to spend money (on fake product), that's when it can become illegal I think.

WillyBaldy wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

At least forums and Facebook are usually free. When fake profiles are created to push people to spend money (on fake product), that's when it can become illegal I think.

I didnt think it was about "free", more about fake profiles.

My understanding is that some dating sites require you to pay to contact the other person and you don't know it, but the person you are communicating with is not the person in the profile (i.e., fake profiles for profit).  I think it is difficult to catch these operations as the ones I read about are based in foreign countries.

Although I met a really nice girl on Vietnam Cupid I found many profiles that sported photos of incredibly beautiful women. I used the Google photo search to research them and found they weren't who they claimed to be at all. Caveat emptor.

Jim-Minh wrote:

Although I met a really nice girl on Vietnam Cupid I found many profiles that sported photos of incredibly beautiful women. I used the Google photo search to research them and found they weren't who they claimed to be at all. Caveat emptor.

Staying away from the gorgeous girls always reaped benifits for me.

Too many guys are punching above their weight and deserve what they get.

colinoscapee wrote:
Jim-Minh wrote:

Staying away from the gorgeous girls always reaped benifits for me.

Too many guys are punching above their weight and deserve what they get.

Perfect example, watch 90 day fiance before the 90 days.  Poor Cesear, he got bilked out of $40k+ over 4 years.

vndreamer wrote:

The Cupid websites are global, not just VN.  Based on my understanding, the Cupid websites are legit, but of course, there are going to be scammers as they exist on all dating sites. 

You have to work at it, just like any other dating process.  You will have to determine which ones are legit and scammers.  There are a lot of ladies on the Cupid sites looking for a serious relationship, you just have to find them. 

Good luck

Yep.
A few years ago, after I got divorced, I asked a long time friend how she met her husband (both Americans) and she mentioned XXCupid.

So I tired it for the few Asian countries I was interested in.
Like everyplace online, there are scammers, but there are also a lot of genuine people, like my wife!!

Besides the obvious, like don't send money or ever mention money, I would write, never call. That way I found it easier to see if they were responding to my questions or if it was just a form letter.

I found the hardest part was trying to determine if the evasiveness was caused by a language problem or simply because they were scammers of some type.

In short, what you get out of it depends on what you put in and normal common sense.

I found my wife on VietnamCupid so it worked for me.

Always good advice from you

vndreamer wrote:

My understanding is that some dating sites require you to pay to contact the other person and you don't know it, but the person you are communicating with is not the person in the profile (i.e., fake profiles for profit).  I think it is difficult to catch these operations as the ones I read about are based in foreign countries.

Vietnam Cupid has something called "Verified Profile" where they ask for an ID to validate your identity. Someone could filter their search on this to get only verified profiles, but of course you'd get much less results.

colinoscapee wrote:

I didnt think it was about "free", more about fake profiles.

As vndreamer was saying, the idea is to create fake profiles to entice people to pay. Facebook is totally free so fake profiles on Facebook have a different use, they're used to influence opinions on things like elections. When it comes to dating sites, fake profiles motivate people to pay because you usually can't send a message to someone without paying. Tinder and OKCupid are a bit different, you can send messages for free to people you *match* with (if they notified they liked you and you did the same) but there's a maximum number of "likes" per day and you can't see people who liked you if you have not reciprocated, so you can *pay* on Tinder and OKCupid to be able to have an endless number of likes and see who liked you.

That's why creating fake profiles on these applications can become illegal, because you're actually *paying* for a fake product. The same can't be said for Facebook because you actually don't pay for anything so it would be harder to sue them.

By the way there was a whistle blower at Ashley Madison a few years ago who said that thousands of fake profiles were created by the company. The dating site kind of went bust after this revelation, but I'm sure most dating sites are pretty much doing the same thing, to a different degree.

The internet is a hive of illegal activity and fake offers. Just type in the word "free" in many searches and you get exactly the opposite.

As far as dating sites, if some old dude gets a lot of replies from young attractive girls, then more fool him for believing its legit.

A fool and his money are easily parted.

I found this thorough review of VN Cupid.   

datesmarterguide.com/vietnamcupid-review/

vndreamer wrote:

This is your typical click bait blog post to get people to click on referral links and they get money if you signup to any of these websites. There's no real content there.

WillyBaldy wrote:
vndreamer wrote:

This is your typical click bait blog post to get people to click on referral links and they get money if you signup to any of these websites. There's no real content there.

Uhm, dont click on the tabs, is it really that difficult. Many pages these days are covered in ads and offers, it's up to you to decide. Nobody is forcing you to do it.

colinoscapee wrote:
WillyBaldy wrote:
vndreamer wrote:

Uhm, dont click on the tabs, is it really that difficult. Many pages these days are covered in ads and offers, it's up to you to decide. Nobody is forcing you to do it.

That was not the point of my post. The point was, the content is meaningless, it's not true content. For example:

In Vietnam on the other hand, it's super cheap for everything. The date usually costs me less than $20, and having a long-term girlfriend (or several) is incredibly cheap. They are happy to just be around you and don't need to be showered with gifts like some princesses in the west. Just a night out eating street food for $2 a plate is fine with most Viet girls.

It's not a real opinion, it's just stuff written to make people come and click. It's done well enough to look real, and maybe the guy is even in Vietnam for real, but it's hard to describe but half the things he says are false. I work in the internet business and actually we're also click bating, but anyway you can disregard and choose to believe the content, we need people to believe in that stuff to make money  :lol:

PS: I'm trying to find the right words but basically it's a fake opinion to make you want to signup to Vietnam Cupid and he makes money out of it. It's not objective and I've seen other linked blog posts and they contain false information, like links to sugar baby websites "in Vietnam" that has zero Vietnamese profile.

(Take it as a free lesson because only a few people are aware of this practice, you can always find hints when looking at the links and seeing something in the links that represents the blog poster so that they get money on referrals)

WillyBaldy wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
WillyBaldy wrote:

That was not the point of my post. The point was, the content is meaningless, it's not true content. For example:

In Vietnam on the other hand, it's super cheap for everything. The date usually costs me less than $20, and having a long-term girlfriend (or several) is incredibly cheap. They are happy to just be around you and don't need to be showered with gifts like some princesses in the west. Just a night out eating street food for $2 a plate is fine with most Viet girls.

It's not a real opinion, it's just stuff written to make people come and click. It's done well enough to look real, and maybe the guy is even in Vietnam for real, but it's hard to describe but half the things he says are false. I work in the internet business and actually we're also click bating, but anyway you can disregard and choose to believe the content, we need people to believe in that stuff to make money  :lol:

PS: I'm trying to find the right words but basically it's a fake opinion to make you want to signup to Vietnam Cupid and he makes money out of it. It's not objective and I've seen other linked blog posts and they contain false information, like links to sugar baby websites "in Vietnam" that has zero Vietnamese profile.

Looking at the internet, that seems to be the whole point of many of these opinion pages....to drag money out of you.

Have you had a bad experience on VNC, because you seem to have a bee in your bonnet relating to this site.

You say your work is internet related, report VNC if you feel its a scam, surely you know the system, so it should be easy for you to lodge a complaint.

I really don't know where you're getting this opinion from. I was criticizing the blog post, not the site? I'm sure you can see the difference if you read again? I've used Vietnam Cupid before, married the woman I found there, and now using it again to different degree of success. It's just much more nuanced than what the blog post was about but not sure where you're going with all of this. Report VC, hu?

The internet is a very dishonest place. These days you basically have to read everything written on advertising.
This ad uses a famous wealth creator to suck people in, then in small writing states that the person they are using to suck you in, wont even be attending the event.

richdadregistration-international.com/Brisbane/31.0000/Index.cgi?mid=9747325&a=fb&s=Facebook_Mobile_Feed&otsid=20483

WillyBaldy wrote:

I really don't know where you're getting this opinion from. I was criticizing the blog post, not the site? I'm sure you can see the difference if you read again? I've used Vietnam Cupid before, married the woman I found there, and now using it again to different degree of success. It's just much more nuanced than what the blog post was about but not sure where you're going with all of this. Report VC, hu?

As they say, buyer beware.

Maybe your failed marriage has something to do with how you feel about the website.

I know this is a crazy, mad, and generally silly idea that makes me sound like a rare old weird perv, but I used to meet women in shops or where ever because I knew someone they were with so conversation just happened naturally.
I know this new internet thing means you can buy a new laptop and girlfriends online, but I'm very old so I  still meet people the traditional way rather than using thinly disguised shagging sites.

Anyway, good luck with your new search.

Are you trolling or you're for real? I repeat 3 times I have a nuanced view, not negative or positive, and now you say this. Wow. By the way my ex wife is a great person with a good heart. But you seem to be on a trolling mood so it's a bit useless to discuss further.

Fred wrote:

I know this is a crazy, mad, and generally silly idea that makes me sound like a rare old weird perv, but I used to meet women in shops or where ever because I knew someone they were with so conversation just happened naturally.
I know this new internet thing means you can buy a new laptop and girlfriends online, but I'm very old so I  still meet people the traditional way rather than using thinly disguised shagging sites.

What is your success rate, how many have turned into relationships.

These dating sites, like most things on the internet, you have to use some common sense. Free on the internet isnt anything like what the true meaning of free is about.

WillyBaldy wrote:

Are you trolling or you're for real? I repeat 3 times I have a nuanced view, not negative or positive, and now you say this. Wow. By the way my ex wife is a great person with a good heart. But you seem to be on a trolling mood so it's a bit useless to discuss further.

Well I was thinking the exact same thing about you.

colinoscapee wrote:
WillyBaldy wrote:

So anything short of "Vietnam Cupid is amazing" is trolling to you, if I get your gist. There's actually zero post where I said Vietnam Cupid is bad. I think you just created some malformed opinion for some reason and you decided to go on a Crusade about it. Having a balanced opinion on something (not only seeing rainbows) is often more realistic. I just said that some websites have fake profiles for sure, and I'm sure Vietnam Cupid have some but it's still totally legit.

I re-read the thread for fun and I really don't get where you got that idea that I was trashing Vietnam Cupid. Maybe it's English reading comprehension problem? I don't know.

colinoscapee wrote:

Before my white shiny teeth and black curly hair swapped adjectives, pretty good.,

WillyBaldy wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
WillyBaldy wrote:

So anything short of "Vietnam Cupid is amazing" is trolling to you, if I get your gist. There's actually zero post where I said Vietnam Cupid is bad. I think you just created some malformed opinion for some reason and you decided to go on a Crusade about it. Having a balanced opinion on something (not only seeing rainbows) is often more realistic. I just said that some websites have fake profiles for sure, and I'm sure Vietnam Cupid have some but it's still totally legit.

True, but your rant about the site using clickbait was pretty lame.
If you feel I was on a "crusade" as you call it, then thats your opinion. I hope you dont get tricked into clicking on any of those misleading sites in the future.

Fred wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Before my white shiny teeth and black curly hair swapped adjectives, pretty good.,

What about your body odour, didnt that deter them.