Is the vietnamcupid dating site legit

goodolboy wrote:
paulmsn wrote:

I'm surprised that so many people posting here use dating sites.  Doesn't anyone just go out and meet people anymore?

So true & so easy to meet people for sure especially available ladies & sometimes not theoretically free & available, but some people dont have the confidence to do that remember.

Not so easy when youte working full time and your time in country is limited.

Suppobill wrote:
goodolboy wrote:
paulmsn wrote:

I'm surprised that so many people posting here use dating sites.  Doesn't anyone just go out and meet people anymore?

So true & so easy to meet people for sure especially available ladies & sometimes not theoretically free & available, but some people dont have the confidence to do that remember.

Not so easy when youte working full time and your time in country is limited.

Good point. But if your time here is limited why do you want to find a companion ?

paulmsn wrote:

You still go out and meet them, it just reduces the amount of shoe leather wasted in the search.

Suppobill wrote:
paulmsn wrote:

You still go out and meet them, it just reduces the amount of shoe leather wasted in the search.

As well as reducing the drama and need to guess about intentions

Vietnam Cupid is the absolute worst dating site in Vietnam.

Nothing but bots, scammers, hookers, retired pros, and formerly promiscuous women in redemption. A real waste of 40 dollars.

I'd recommend Tinder. Much more mainstream and you can find all sorts of women on there.

I guess you could go out and try to meet women organically but most of the women in the 18 to 25 age group are standoffish or dont speak English.

Nielsen Flute wrote:

Nothing but bots, scammers, hookers, retired pros, and formerly promiscuous women in redemption. A real waste of 40 dollars.

I'd recommend Tinder. Much more mainstream and you can find all sorts of women on there.

I guess you could go out and try to meet women organically but most of the women in the 18 to 25 age group are standoffish or dont speak English.

All dating sites are full of hookers.

If you are wanting to meet 18-25 year olds just put that in your search. There is no need to deal with old hookers.

Unfortunately it is the only site that women can go on to meet potential foreign husbands.  So it has something for everyone.

colinoscapee wrote:
Nielsen Flute wrote:

If you are wanting to meet 18-25 year olds just put that in your search. There is no need to deal with old hookers.

I know how to filter on dating sites. Vietnam Cupid gets way too many glowing reviews from sheisty affiliates trying to sell memberships but most of my friends (including myself ) have had poor success on there.

It's a better site for desperate middle aged women 35++ rather than younger girls. Tinder is a much better app and a 5 pack of boosts and gold membership is more rewarding and costs about the same.

Nielsen Flute wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
Nielsen Flute wrote:

I know how to filter on dating sites. Vietnam Cupid gets way too many glowing reviews from sheisty affiliates trying to sell memberships but most of my friends (including myself ) have had poor success on there.

It's a better site for desperate middle aged women 35++ rather than younger girls. Tinder is a much better app and a 5 pack of boosts and gold membership is more rewarding and costs about the same.

Can't really see your problem.

Tinder is good for the younger set, as you stated. Whereas Cupid is better for the older crowd.

Its not that Cupid is crap, it just doesnt suit your requirements of  what you are after..... younger women.

For goodness sake you dont need dating aps ... just go out and mingle

Tinder like most sites us just for casual hook ups

Hi folks.

I used Vietnam cupid with great success ! Yes there are lots of hookers/chancers/and girls looking for a sugar daddy to finance them, but there are also a lot of very genuine lovely ladies on there. I had been visiting Vietnam for 3/4 years and had another 4 week trip booked for 2016, so i decided to give Vietnam cupid a go and try and set up a couple of dates. i bought the platinum membership for $200 usd. I was 48 years old at the time, after completing my profile i was bombarded with messages from girls of all ages. most were not the type of girl i was hoping to meet. One even asked me to send her some money after exchanging two messages haha ! However after a couple of months i was chatting quite often with 2 lovely ladies. One was a 40 year old maths teacher from near Hanoi the second was a fashion designer from Saigon. At this time i wasn't responding to any new messages from other girls. Then one day 3 months before my trip i got a new  request, for some unknown reason i opened this one and it was from a lovely looking 32 year old self employed girl from Binh Duong. To cut a long story short we are now married and she lives her in the UK :-) She comes from a very wealthy family who love me as much as i love them. I can't spend a dong when i with them in Vietnam, and i have never had to hand over a single penny. My wife is the best thing that's ever happened to me. So yes there are a hell of a lot of women on Vietnam cupid with agendas. But if your careful you can find the right one. Btw one of the testimonials on there website is from us too. So i know first hand they are not all fake.

garyww wrote:

Unfortunately it is the only site that women can go on to meet potential foreign husbands.  So it has something for everyone.

Start by being a friend, as I did: [link moderated]/

Yes, that works but I know many women who would like to meet a foreigner husband but are too shy to go out where foreigners are.  They don't go to bars.  So I recommend online dating sites because it gives them opportunities and a way to get to know someone  before meeting in person.  It's a good tool for them.

colinoscapee wrote:
Nielsen Flute wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Can't really see your problem.

Tinder is good for the younger set, as you stated. Whereas Cupid is better for the older crowd.

Its not that Cupid is crap, it just doesnt suit your requirements of  what you are after..... younger women.

Based on previous posts, specifically younger women looking for players.

Hi All ,I too met my wife on Vietnam Cupid 13 years ago , it is a very good site in my opinion .Sure you meet girls with hidden  agendas  and prostitutes . Just like in the bars and clubs and in life in general . And like many men on this topic, i met many women  who wanted to meet for not the same reasons as myself.
I thinks it works for a lot of  women who do not like to hang around bars or clubs, like my wife, And women  who want to meet a foreigner because they are over 35,  because they know Vietnam men think they are too old. And women with babies who have separated from their husbands, they know Foreign men are more likely to take them on with a child. A lot of my ex-pat mates have married girls with babies and what beautiful girls they are.
Sure finance is a big factor , i know  many of my wives friends want to find a foreigner too, when they see my wife doesn't work, doesn't have to cook at home ,lives  in a nice apartment ,travels the world ,doesn't have to worry about money , has good health care from my country . Just remember women are smarter than men, in general.

I met my wife through Vietnam Cupid a few years ago. Enrolling was the best decision I've ever made, even better than winning the Jack Pot!. I purchased the lowest membership tier, and can remember many questions were asked before my registration was complete.

Just as with any other dating websites, you always need to be careful when meeting strangers online. There are definitely genuine women on there looking for a serious relationship, although watch out for scammers with fake profiles. When you start to communicate with women, take your time. Most Vietnamese women will not ask for money, so if anyone asks you for money, this is a big red flag.

Another thing I want to point out is that many Vietnamese women will send you a message in Vietnamese, do not let this discourage you from finding your soul-mate!. You can use translate apps to communicate, although you will need to have much patience and understanding in order for this to work out.

When you finally meet her in person, you can purchase an instant voice translator to communicate, this is extremely helpful and communication will improve over time.

Some Vietnamese women may speak a little English, although most do not. As long as you have patience and have understanding for her, You can make this work!

Good Luck!

Travelfar wrote:
garyww wrote:

Start by being a friend, as I did: [link moderated]/

Even if the first posting is NOT edited, the link is moderated.
Try asianfriendfinder com [you know how to enter it].

wildwildwest wrote:

You don't have to be physically attractive or charming to find a good mate, being successful and a decent person are enough. Age is a factor, but on average women are most attractive to men at 21 (think college grad as an example), and men are most attractive to women at around 50 (think George Clooney/Tom Cruise as examples), because at each of those ages they are most likely capable to provide those particular qualities. That's for your average scenario, anyways. When you're a bit older you might have other reasons and have to adjust to your particular scenario.

Not necessarily
because the great, awesome American actor Nick Nolte (1941- Omaha, Nebraska ) is still hot, charming and attactive with 79 y.o.
That well it could be the only 'rare exception on Planet Earth' because he was once pronounced 'The Sexiest Man Alive' by 'People's Magazine' back in 1992.
He is a precious jewel, no doubt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtjypf2qPFk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3iSy9snVI4
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Nolte

:up:

sure

Keith+Phuong wrote:

Just remember women are smarter than men, in general.

Triggered.  :o:(:unsure:mad::dumbom:

Keith+Phuong wrote:

Just remember women are smarter than men, in general.

sorry to tell you but
thats an 'old-classic · so called clichè' that men always says to attract more witty chicks..

:whistle::heart::up:

"Not necessarily because the great, awesome American actor Nick Nolte (1941- Omaha, Nebraska ) is still hot, charming and attactive with 79 y.o. That well it could be the only 'rare exception on Planet Earth' because he was once pronounced 'The Sexiest Man Alive' by 'People's Magazine' back in 1992. He is a precious jewel, no doubt."

Is it possible that the "attraction" that these men -- Connery, Cruise, and Nolte --  have is that they are all  quite wealthy?

You mean Sean Connery? Isn't he dead?

hyagly256 wrote:

The sexiest man who is no longer alive?

Reid Blickenstaff wrote:

Is it possible that the "attraction" that these men -- Connery, Cruise, and Nolte --  have is that they are all  quite wealthy?

Wealth is not necessarily the issue,

some of those handsome celebrity men are wealthy and some are broke and substance-addicts

‘American Heart' (1992)

Jeff  Bridges  (December 4 , 1949 • Los Angeles, CA) 
Genuine, charismatic  heartfelting,  awesome American actor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fk8C9n6-k8https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Bridges

Nielsen Flute wrote:

Haha tinder... guaranteed to jsut get meaningless hookups...
Walk to local coffee shop wnd meet the old fashioned way

I have actually met several very sweet women on vc

I used Vietnam Cupid and met all kinds. At 70 everyone seems too young hihi. I like many of the ladies i met and love 1. It is a good way to make contacts in places you are traveling too but most ladies were very serious about finding husbands so you need to be clear about that up front.
Good luck!

Ciambella wrote:
hyagly256 wrote:

The once named 'Sexiest Man Alive' is still alive :
Nick Nolte (Feb.8th, 1969)

Patrick Swayze , Christopher Reeves
sadly left us not long ago

kittycat1 wrote:
Ciambella wrote:
hyagly256 wrote:

Youre bith wrong ... its me hahah

Jlgarbutt wrote:
kittycat1 wrote:
Ciambella wrote:

Youre bith wrong ... its me hahah

:huh:

@colinoscapee Good morning...
I guest you are a good human
-@dicemelia

ROFLMAO 😳🤣

@Suppobill It is legit, yes but full of scamers and single mums (waste of time)

-@Nielsen Flute

I do not recommend any form Iof Internet dating AT ALL -  anywhere including VN. If you are younger you will have better luck to buy motorbike and drive  around and have chat with people, it's always better option than Internet based dating.

I do not recommend any form Iof Internet dating AT ALL - anywhere including VN. If you are younger you will have better luck to buy motorbike and drive around and have chat with people, it's always better option than Internet based dating.
-@narcrepellant2525

Though I "liked" your post, I wouldn't be so quick to write-off VN dating sites entirely (I don't include Tinder as a dating site). Many people have had success in meeting compatible others on such sites.

Quite a few people (ladies and gents) in VN, and in fact the world over, have met their perfect match that way. I agree though that the best way, IMVHO, is to do your own scouting. See my post from years ago, here.

I do not recommend any form Iof Internet dating AT ALL - anywhere including VN. If you are younger you will have better luck to buy motorbike and drive around and have chat with people, it's always better option than Internet based dating.
-@narcrepellant2525

Though I "liked" your post, I wouldn't be so quick to write-off VN dating sites entirely (I don't include Tinder as a dating site). Many people have had success in meeting compatible others on such sites.

Quite a few people (ladies and gents) in VN, and in fact the world over, have met their perfect match that way. I agree though that the best way, IMVHO, is to do your own scouting. See my post from years ago, here.
-@Aidan in HCMC

Seems to me those worthy of dating are in closer to your own age. You are looking here to find just,...what

MAc

Admittedly I am old and I've never been on Tinder, but I met my VN wife on Vietnam Cupid back in 2015. Eight years later and we're still going strong so I can testify from personal experience that Vietnam Cupid does work , however you do have to sift through the rift raft just like anywhere else. 

Admittedly I am old and I've never been on Tinder, but I met my VN wife on Vietnam Cupid back in 2015. Eight years later and we're still going strong so I can testify from personal experience that Vietnam Cupid does work , however you do have to sift through the rift raft just like anywhere else.
-@drutter

My wife and I met at Hoang Phap, in Hoc Mon District. Being both Buddhists, this was a great beginning friendship, which became a marriage. We are going strong also

MAc

@Mac68

Mac, you're responding to me?

My wife and I first connected in Vũng Tàu, using the "people nearby" function on the LINE app (which operates a bit like Tinder).

I probably wouldn't have added it to my phone, in addition to Vietnam Cupid & Zalo, but my cousin in Thailand recommended it when I was thinking of taking a trip there pre-covid.

Lots of scammers on there, but my wife was much more mature & cautious in her reply, compared to many younger women who immediately offered to come to my apartment and give me a massage...