Aranya Prathet border crossing

Hello, I am Belgian and living in Cambodia, and I just wanted to know if the overland crossing still grants a visa waiver for 30 days and 2 times a calendar year, because I sometimes read weird stuff, and, I just saw on an English-speaking site that when you arrive by road in Thailand, that we must now have the proof that we will come out, like when we arrive by plane.
It must be an aberration, but if it can be confirmed, I would be very happy, because I go regularly to Thailand, and when I spend a third time in the same year, I apply for a visa at the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh and I only have to show proof of adequate finance , but here too, I am not asked for proof that I will leave the country by having to show a flight ticket. I use the terrestrial way, much easier for me, and of course much less expensive.
If nevertheless this fact is real, then it must be very recent.

Thank you in advance for your opinion, Christian

Unfortunately regulations are interperated at the local level and not evenly applied as many people in Thailand will attest to ... so hope for the best, be prepared and go with the flow, this is a 2nd world country and subject to local abberrations, not meanly applied but poorly understood, you might even with time be able to adjust a local administrators view on some thing but only if applied to calmly and politely, the Thai way , or if you have a attorney who wants to go with you , it certainly doesn't hurt to have one on hand, like I do. But then I am married into a large Thai family with plenty of resources at my disposal. Which is a unique situation so I am free from many machinations that plague others. But then I am not a tourist but will be a long term resident which falls under different rules.  Good luck as the rules are changing and one needs to adapt as with living any where. Keep informed and get a good local who speaks perfect Thai and can assist you with staying on the good side of the government.

lets not be too silly now ... of course you don't show a departure ticket when coming in by land at a border crossing ... just a bad interpritation of the rules ... yoi could always get a local hotel near the boarder with reservation and to prove other wise and then just cancel the room ... translations to english unfortunately avery poor in Thailand ... as you can see ... so how is your Thai ?