Termination of contract before due date

My HR called me and advise to look for another job reason being that the company is moving to Dubai and they cannot afford to take me along with them. I have worked for this company for 1 year and 7 months. What should I do? Should I demand for compensation? Does indemnity pay apply here? my contract ends in April 2020. Kindly advise please

You asked this question and I already replied on the thread below.   No need for duplicate posts.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 44#4622164

And you are only entitled to compensation beyond indemnity if they terminate you "without cause" i.e. termination before contract has ended.   That is what I recommended you to do in the post above.

Thank you for your advice I really appreciate . I had to correct an error about the period I have worked with the company in my previous post was 2 years corrected to 1 year and 7 months  hence the duplicate. Sorry about that. Having worked for 1 yr and 7 months only will I still be compensated for the rest of the months on my contract agreement?

You will get indemnity and the termination without cause compensation which is certain number of days salary for each month worked.  Not for the remaining months.

Thank you so much. I find this very helpful

XTang is absolutely right.

Just like to clarify you few things.

1. If you resign you lose the right to claim compensation.
2. Your dismissal should be unfair in order to make you eligible for compensation.
3. If the termination is justified (if company is terminating you after notifying ministry that they are ceasing operations due to losses) then you might not get anything.
4. You have only one month from the date of termination to file a labor case claiming compensation. For other labor rights you can file a case till one year.
5. At this stage its very premature to suggest you anything other than the above because you have not been terminated till now.