Studying Portuguese at University

Hi all,

I have looked into studying Portuguese at a number of private institutions that look very good but long term the course is very expensive.

Does anyone have any experience studying Portuguese at a university in Brazil and would you be able to recommend any? I am open to locations, but would prefer smaller cities.

I have found that there are Portuguese courses on offer at the Federal University of Parana (UFPR) in Curitiba for 100 hours of study over 2 months for £250 which is very reasonable, but I would like to also look into others.

FYI - for any prospective students reading this post, I have confirmation from the Brazilian consulate in London as well as the Federal Police in Brazil that Student visas can be applied for and extended in Brazil without the need to leave the country.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

IKexplorer

The Federal University of Amazonas offers free classes:
http://arii.ufam.edu.br/en/helpful-serv … se-classes

Manaus is the seventh largest city in Brazil, but it's not too big to get your arms around, cost of living is low, pace of life is easy, and the Amazon Region is a fascinating place to spend some time.

I had 2 step children graduate from Federal University of Parana (UFPR) in Curitiba as engineers. Good school. Located near the airport (in between airport and downtown).
Do not know as to just Portuguese classes, but both studied, French, English and Spanish.
Very nice city and capital of Parana. Many things to do and see in Curitiba. Can get chilly in wither since a higher elevation.
Would recommend staying on campus due to rent and traffic to and from the school.

Thank you very much for your replies

pm sent