Replacing an NIE card after moving cities

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me with some Spanish bureaucracy here.

I got my NIE whilst living in Madrid but lost it a few months ago. I went to the national police in Madrid and got a denucia and started the process of getting an appointment to replace it in Madrid. However I'm now living in Barcelona and not sure how to progress further.

If anyone has any idea of the process please let me know.

Thanks

Ed

If you are living in spain then having an NIE is irrelevant as it does not entitle one to live in
Spain

To live here as an an EU National you need the EU Citizens registration certificate.  It a piece of green paper either A4 or credit card size. 

One must apply for that in the area where are living at the time.    If there are any changes of details, address etc. then the certificate needs to be either reissued or some police offices will allow one just to tell them and they change the details on the official record   That must be done where one is living at that time

So Edward that means in Barcelona for you, providing you have the green paper and not just a white NIE cert !

Thanks for the reply.

Mine was the green piece of paper credit card size. So I guess I will be making my way to the NIE office with my documents showing my new address in Badalona and hopefully they give me a replacement.

Thanks

Ed

You seem to have misunderstood the important point I was hoping to make

It if not an NIE you have but an EU CITIZEN REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE    (Sometimes incorrect called a residencia, which it certainly is not) .

An NIE  cert never needs updating, and also never provides any right to live in spain

It is not the NIE office you will be going to ( there is no such place)  but the  Extranjería of the Policia Nacional or the equivalent in Catalonia

You can only make the appointment on line.  This should help

TO MAKE AN m WITH THE POLICE FOR  NIE,  E.U. Citizen registration, etc.

As you go through you will find links to the application forms and the payment, at any bank, form

.•            GO TO   https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/

•             PROVINCES AVAILABLE:       CHOOSE the province where your are living/ staying

•             SECTIONS AVAILABLE IN PROVINCE:          OPEN PAGE AND SELECT SECTION  REQUIRED

e.g.    “policía  certificado de residente o no residente”  (that includes NIE application)

•             ENTER THE DETAILS OF APPLICANT. if you have an NIE show that, if not then show your passport number

•            CHOOSE NATIONAL POLICE STATION FOR APPOINTMENT:      The one that covers the area where you are living - staying

•             CHOOSE APPOINTMENT,  AND THEN CONFIRM

•             You must PRINT A COPY OF THE APPOINTMENT,   And take it with you to the police station