Schools in Salvador

Does anyone know of schools in Salvador where I could study on a student visa? The one Federal school that appears on the list here is no longer accepting applications. I would rather apply at a university/college than at a language school, which I think will end up costing a fortune.

Universidade Federal da Bahia is the only university for degrees that I am aware in Salvador.

Seek out another state then.  Personally I would not be caught dead living in Salvador.
High crime rate, the locals are always hustling tourists and won't leave them alone.
Nice place to visit, not a great place to live.

Miah,
Keep in mind that any language school approved by the Ministry of Education and Culture can help you qualify for a student visa.  There's no reason that you couldn't start in one of those schools while you were waiting for registrations to start again at UFBA, then enroll there and update your information with the Federal Police.

You've already lived in Salvador, know the city, and have your own personal and artistic reasons for wanting to live there again.  I'm sure you'll be fine.

The Salvador we're talking about is the capital of the State of Bahia in Brazil, a long, long way - in every sense - from Central America.

You're commenting in the Brazil forum.

my apologies