Moving

Let's get straight to it then. The three questions we ask ourselves before making that move to a place which we dont know anything about.

How in the world am I going to find a decent place to stay in the budget that I have?
How am I going to get to work from where I decide to live.. in the budget that I have?
What arrangements can I make for food.. again, in the bduget that I have?

We have to understand that these are the variable costs, the prices are determined by the market, and this is exactly where a great deal can be found, provided you know how to get that deal in your favour and where it can be found.

In the case of accomodation, If I was a new expat here faced with with a decision to find a new place to live or relocate to a certain Emirate, with time and transport not on my side I would get on the internet pronto, find a bedspace on a community website like Dubizzle with no idea about the kind of environment or the kind of people I'd be living with, call up the random number where I'd have a very unhelpful converstaion with a man who simply wants a bedapace filled, and I'd be forced to agree to pay an unreasonable amount and move in.

In the case of transport, I get back on Dubizzle since apparently that's the "only" place to get my needs fulfilled, shuffle through the hundreds of service providers that cover major routes and the one provider that covers a less used route, call him up, book it, pay the advance, and use it.

In the case of food, I'd get on the few food delivery sites like Zomato or Talabat and order food that's out of my budget (not counting the delivery fee and vat) or walk down to the local restaurants and pick something up, atleast for the first few weeks till I find something solid while it burns a hole through my pocket.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Promoting your own services is not allowed on the website. You should register your business in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

can you make your question short?