Expat living in Muscat moving to Dubai

Hello Dears,

I'm an Indian expat currently living and working in Muscat for the past 2 years. Due to covid, my current project didn't extend and the company told us to look for job. Fortunately I landed a job in Dubai. My LWD in Muscat is 31st Dec and my joining date in Dubai is 3rd Jan. I have few queries as below related to my shifting to Dubai and need suggestions:

1. My new company will give me employment visa but not for my family. I need to initiate their dependent visa once I go there. But I want to take them along with me. Should I initiate visitor visa for them and then take them with me?

2. My Oman visa is valid till April 2021 as I have requested my current company not to cancel my visa. Same is applicable to my family's visas. Will holding Oman residence visa give me any kind of benefit in Dubai/UAE?

3. I have my own furniture and household items and a car which I want to take with me to Dubai. To rent a flat in Dubai, do I need to make the contract first before moving to flat or it is allowed to rent without making a contract? I can't opt to stay for 3 days in hotel to make the contract as I need to shift my furniture together. I want to finalize my flat before moving. So what is the best option? Also is rental allowed based on the paper visa that is issued initially or I need to have passport stamped visa valid for 2 years to make the rental contract? Is renting allowed in UAE on Oman residency visa?

4. Is it allowed to drive in Dubai on Oman's driving license or I need to take international license before going there? What is the process to transport my car to Dubai and is it advisable to take my car there?

5. Now since covid is going on, is it advisable to go to Dubai to book the flat over weekend and then come back? What can be the challenge with this? Obviously it depends on me getting the visa by this weekend. Usually how long it takes for getting the UAE visa issued?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sanjit

Hi. I have just seen your post. Did you make the move? How was it? I am I  the same position moving from Oman to the UAE in June/ July. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Well, brother, according to my modest knowledge, you must first obtain residency and then with identification papers you can do the rental contract. First, you should compare the costs of moving your furniture to Dubai and buying it there, then most of those who move to work in Dubai are forced to rent outside it, in Ajman or Sharjah for example.
For a driver's license It used to be that the GCC license was one, and that it could be replaced simply. I don't know if the situation has changed or not.

Hi ,
Did you make the move ,please do let me know the formalities and other points as I also intend to move from muscat to Dubai.