Residency spot for foreign dentist

Hello, I am about to finish my residency in my home country as an Oral surgeon, I would like to get a residency spot in germany as I didn't like the program here in my home country ( north africain country), I can speak 4 languages French, English, Arabic and German, I was told that I need to send my resume to recruitment agencies, is this the right bath? do I need to be in germany and have a Visa to apply for a residency spot ? thank you.

Your post seems to indicate that for you "residency" has a different meaning, but residency (i.e. living in a place) requires a residence permit, which can be gotten by various means - having a job offer is only one of them.
To find a job, you can apply directly at suitable employers (dental clinics in your case?). This usually achieves better results than going through recruitment agencies. This forum gives you lots of advice on how to search and apply for jobs in Germany.
The major points will be whether your foreign credentials (e.g. degree) are recognised here (you can check this on ANABIN) and how good your German language is.

beppi wrote:

Your post seems to indicate that for you "residency" has a different meaning, but residency (i.e. living in a place) requires a residence permit, which can be gotten by various means - having a job offer is only one of them.
To find a job, you can apply directly at suitable employers (dental clinics in your case?). This usually achieves better results than going through recruitment agencies. This forum gives you lots of advice on how to search and apply for jobs in Germany.
The major points will be whether your foreign credentials (e.g. degree) are recognised here (you can check this on ANABIN) and how good your German language is.

Beppi has good English but as a non-native speaker is maybe not aware of how the term is used in a medical context (in the USA anyway). Rather than a place where one lives, a medical doctor upon completion of medical school usually does a short internship and then what is called a residency program in their specialized field. One is a licensed working doctor but it is also a training program. What I don't understand is why one would be thinking of doing another residency if they are just completing one? Isn't this redundant? Or was the program really so inadequate? I would think additional training might be available but might not be called a residency program.

Anyway, if one is focused more on advancing their knowledge and training instead of just working then it would seem one would have to look for hospitals or clinics specifically with this orientation. I am not sure if the norm is to do this direct or over an agency. I would think if one is looking to simply work then consider an agency; if one is looking for an actual residency program then do it directly since there cannot be so many places offering it.

And not that one should totally avoid agencies but there is a new scandal in Germany about job and recruitment agencies. Some working online and even in connection with the German employment agency were recently found to be nothing but a scam; listing jobs that didn't exist just to get data from those that applied. Seems about a third of the jobs listed at the unemployment office were fake. I'm not sure how one tells the difference but beyond basic status, academic and employment information one should question if say someone is asking a lot of unnecessary financial or personal information. And I think sites or companies asking money upfront to look for a job for you are always suspicious.

Anyway, success in finding either direct work or in context of a training program of any kind will really hinge on if your academic credentials are recognized and how good your German is.

Sorry, I didn't know that "residency" is also a special term for a medical internship. The OP could have explained it.
(I remember another discussion, some time ago, where a doctor wanted to do a "PG" in Germany - an abbreviation I only knew as "Parental Guidance" until then. It turned out to be something similar to a "residency" in this thread ...)
Well, I'm learning something new every day!