Dependent visa process (for wife and son) as efficiently as possible?

Hi all,

First time poster and new user to this forum - I hope you're all well?

I am a UK national and have accepted an offer to work in Jeddah - my work permit is almost complete. I am currently in London but understand that I need to travel to Jeddah to convert this work permit into a full Iqama (within 90 days of issuance - no problem).

My question is - how can I get my wife and son over (as dependents) as quickly and efficiently as possible? I have spoken to many people and seen what this forum and other sites have to offer, but am struggling to find a clear process:

Some people say I need my UK marriage certificate and my son's birth certificate to be attested and translated into arabic from the UK - my visa agent who is handling my iqama says these docs don't need to be attested as they are official UK documents. Other people say I need to sort myself out first with Iqama, and then speak to my employer who will arrange everything. Some people say that I need to go to a place called istikdam once I have my iqama and jump through several hoops.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information - could anyone clarify what the dependent visa process it? Advice on how to do this as quickly and efficiently as possible would be much appreciated!

Thanks very much

Would be grateful for your thoughts!

New topic