Personal Tax Number

Hi all,

Shanta from South Africa here. I seem to have misplaced my personal tax number so which institution or department can I address a request for this to?

Thank you in advance.
Shanta Segabon

Errr....your profile says you are in Bucharest not Budapest.  Are you doing a Michael Jackson and confusing the two?

You aren't the only one.

For Hungary:

Contact NAV (click here, it's a link)

Romania:

Who knows?!

Thank you

I moved from Bucharest to Budapest :-)

ShantaS wrote:

Glad to hear you saw the light.

fluffy2560 wrote:
ShantaS wrote:

Glad to hear you saw the light.

It would seem it didn't work, you're still showing that you're living in Romania.

People want to forgive Michael Jackson's indiscretions but I am not sure he deserves forgiveness for mixing the two cities up.   

I could give special mention also mention to the guy in Arizona who sent me about $7K worth of IT gear in Bucharest instead of Budapest.   It did arrive intact eventually about 3 weeks late.  You'd think DHL would know.

And the occasional surprises we used to get with our mail redirected to Melbourne, opened by Oz Customs, rebagged and returned to Austria.  Putting EU after Austria on letters still made them go to Australia.  Easy to mix up - one cold and snowy and the other hot and dry.

ShantaS wrote:

I seem to have misplaced my personal tax number so which institution or department can I address a request for this to?

A link to the Hungarian tax office in English:

https://en.nav.gov.hu/

You can ask there for how to get a replacement tax card with your number.