The best visa process to follow to move to Jakarta

Hi,

I am a UK resident married to an Indonesian (married since 2014 - in Singapore). We have 2 children. Bibit, who is 9 (holds an Indonesian passport) and Bailey who is 4 (holds a UK Passport). We currently live in Brunei.

We want to move to Jakarta so my wife can be closer to her family. I will not be working in Indonesia. I will be commuting to Singapore for 3 days a week for my job. The kids will hopefully be attending British School Jakarta.

The question I have is which Visa do I need to get for myself and our Daughter? Can we arrive on tourist visa and then apply for a KITAS/KITAP? or do we have to get a bridging visa first? I cannot apply for a KITAS from outside Indonesia.

Any thoughts/assistance much appreciated.

Rgds Rik

Easy - Turn up on a tourist visa, rent a place in Bintaro sector 9 (South Tangerang), there are several nice estates in THIS area, then get yourselves off to the Immigration office in Tangerang, taking all your documents with you, immediately applying for a KITAS with MERP.

Marriage to an Indonesian and proof of work outside Indonesia should make the ride easy and pretty quick. The cost will be about 60 to 70 quid per person. You won't need an agent as it should go through on the nod as long as you have all your documents. If it was a Muslim wedding, that makes life easier in some cases, but any legal wedding will do the job, but maybe with some extra playing around.

The British school is crazy expensive, but you have to see the place to believe how great it is. Travel from Bintaro 9 is very easy.

Get your daughter an Indonesian passport whilst in Brunei from the Indonesian embassy, failing that start the paperwork side of things for her whilst in Brunei and complete in Jakarta when you arrive, (your wife can do the application in Brunei or Indonesia but will be easier whilst overseas as your children I presume are not registered as residents in Indonesia just citizen?)
Get your singapore marriage certificate translated to Bahasa if not already registered the marriage in Indonesia along with your birth certificate (translated and legalised) to register the marriage in Indonesia you'll need all documents issued from Indonesia officials before/ after marriage plus a photo of you together and your passport

Visa for you can be indeks 317
(Kitas dependent visa)

1.your telex can be process even you outside indonesia.
2.requirements will be your color scan passport,marriage certificate,ktp of your wife,kk of your wife,bank account of your wife

Visa for your kids can be same indeks 317
(Kitas dependent visa)

1.your kids telex can be process even you outside indonesia.
2.requirements will be your color scan passport of your kids,their birth certificate,your marriage certificate,ktp of your wife,kk of your wife,bank account of your wife.

If you need assistance on this,you can pm me.

xheers,
ricardo

Thanks for the advice

Thanks Fred, sounds like it should be pretty straightforward. I will get all the documentation prepared.

Suggest you do not name people otherwise you may get sued.