Indonesia, im coming!

Hello!
i will move to Jakarta soon.
i would like to have a good trip, and i dont need to work for the moment there.
i read that with VISA i only stay 1 or 2 months...
if i wanna stay in Indonesia for 6 months i must fly away everytime and come back??
how many times i could do that maximum?
and if i will arrive with touristic VISA i could will change it in Working VISA without come back to Italy?!?
tnx

Hi D

You'll see from the other threads that it is quite difficult to get a work permit without a company to sponsor you and a pile of cash.

You can get a visa om arrival, but that does mean you need to pop out of the country every 60 days to renew.

Check the sticky threads for more info.

Good luck with your travels and I hope you enjoy Jakarta when you arrive. It's a great city!

Why not studying Bahasa Indonesia. You can get a sponsorship visa from the Uni for atleast 6 months.

Ciao, Italiano..
Yes, as I know you can get visa n arrival but then you need to renew it when expired.. Anyway, where do you want to stay while in Indonesia? I am so in love with Italy, with its culture and those beautiful architectures. Would love to have a chit chat with you.

See yaa
Fefi.

Hi...well i was over there for 5 months and you can get visa extensions there in Jakarta, I never had to leave but maybe it was because i was married to an Indonesian but i dont think so, im sure you can just extend every month at the immigration dept, i think its about £25 to extend it another month, i think i got a 3 month visa before I went out there from the embassy in the USA at the time' otherwise you get a VOA when get there' so its best to get a visa before you go from the Indonesian embassy where you live..hope this helps mate'
Lucky man;  I wish I was back there..I love it there.
Gary,

Yeah, I think you need to renew it in Singapore, then go back to the city

hey there,

it's many expatriate would like to stay in a long time period. But they aren't know & understand how to doing that things.

if there any expat here want to do that, maybe i can recomended someone that can done with this matter in legal way, just pm/send me an e-mail if you are interesting about it :D

cheers,

Ciao Damiano, benvenuto a Indonesia. If you're italian, maybe you can try IIC (Instituto Italiano da Cultura), located at Menteng, Central Jakarta. I know some people there and they are nice. Let me know if there's something I can help.

Ya.. its correct.

and if you have any friend/relatives in indonesia,they might help you with sosbud visa which is you dont have to get out from indonesia.

Sophie Fisher wrote:

Why not studying Bahasa Indonesia. You can get a sponsorship visa from the Uni for atleast 6 months.

how does that work?

That's true....one can get sponsorship from the Uni, unfortunately I do not know how it works and what the regulations are.

I am sure one of the senior members (Ubudian / Mas Fred) in this forum can tell....

Senior or oaps?