Who will still be here after 6PM today?

The 2011 end times prediction made by Christian radio host Harold Camping states that the Rapture (in premillennial theology, the taking up into heaven of God's elect people) will take place on May 21, 2011 at 6 p.m. local time (the rapture will sweep the globe time zone by time zone) and that the end of the world as we know it will take place five months later on

I'll still be here at 6:01 PM - should make getting around the island a bit easier until October 21, 2011 for those of us left behind!

Tim

I'll still be here, i have a bottle of wine with my name on it, chilling for around the 8pm mark!

Amanda x

I am here also fortunately

why hasnt the rapture reach Asia  - they are several hours ahead of us......

It will come from anywhere no need to think about Asia or Europe. And one this more that nobody is aware of it's timing only one person knows who is Almighty God.

I'd planned my leaving party for December 2012 - I don't plan on missing that party.

I tried to delay dinner today until 7pm so no washing up but I was out voted....:(

Just checking the forums today.  Didn't realize I only had 6 minutes left!  Think I better get the wine open now.

What is the October 21st date?  Is that the next pediction if this one was 'miscalculated'?  Am looking forward to the excuses to come out of all of this.

Oops, only 4 minutes left now.

Still here.

Oct 21st 2011 is the end of the world (as we know it) according to the person that predicted a couple of minutes ago was The Rapture.

FAIL!

'tis also the date of my wedding anniversary...that, of course, was NOT a Fail :-)

I am so wonder how you guys are so firm that the day of judgment will come as per someone's prediction.
I am sure it will never come as per such assumption. No doubt it will come but nobody knows when it will be happened. No certainty okay?

Er, we're just having a bit of fun...sorry if you took us seriously.

Tim

I predict the end of the world will be Sunday 22nd May 2011 at 8am when i have to get up with a three year old and a hangover!

Amanda x

well, thats another strike against the imaginary friend(s) in the sky

Spoken like a true Pastafarian, George.

All hail the FSM  - only pasta can save the world

R'amen

A succesful 'Rapture' could sort out the divorce debate in Malta pretty swiftly....:rolleyes:

I'm sure the rapture-fans are excited that the volcano that started erupting here in Iceland began at 5:50 PM. Coincidence? I think not.

So this is hell then - same as earth, but with strong winds and dirty rain

mabey it's just the country of malta that's still here?   I dont know I havent checked the news in days...

I'm in hell, and if you can read this so are you as I'm sure god has an excellent firewall (the devils one is even better !)

I had hoped 'hell on earth' would be a bit hotter :(

"oops, I meant Oct 21st....."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13516796

I like this quote

"Harold Camping said it had "dawned" on him that God would spare humanity "hell on Earth for five months" and the apocalypse would happen on 21 October."

this is not a repeat from 1994 folks,....   ok so mabey it is, but thats not the point.  :)

Gives him 5 more months to take donations and sell t-shirts, books etc. then.

title of the headline should be "appocolypse later"

Is anyone else having the problem where it's getting to be awkward organising the looting parties without more accurate information?

chad