Working in Jakarta

Hello everyone!

I really need your help  :)
I'm from Lebanon. I intend to move to Jakarta - Indonesia and find a work in there.
I have been to Indonesia twice and i pretty much know the Indonesian culture.
In addition, I have an Indonesian boyfriend, we have been together for 5 years.
Therefore, i am planning to move to Jakarta, find a job and settle before getting married.
I was wondering if anyone of you can help me find a good job that matches my educational and professional background.

I recently graduated from the Holy Spirit University of Kaslik (USEK) and got my Master Degree in Business Administration and i have a double major (Interior Design). I work in both fields, design and management.

I possess excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to handle delicate situations in a professional manner. I also have the ability to stay calm and confident in stressful and unpredictable situations especially in the course of delivering my duties without fear and favor.

I am fluent in English and French languages, while I have limited knowledge in Indonesian language. I understand the importance of any job and I am confident that I am ready to take on any challenging role.

I look forward to hearing from you guys!

:cheers:

Hi Cynthiawakeem,

Welcome to Expat.Com

Please drop an advert in the Jobs in Jakarta section of the website, so you might get some offers.

All the best,
Bhavna

Labor laws in Indonesia are now very tough.
Jokowi made sure of that.
Start by marrying your boy.
Then again the KITAS does not "allow" you to work.
Which could easily cost you in excess Rupiah 40 million.

After few years get yourself a KITAP which allows for work.
However not sure the TOTAL cost +++.
No surprises in store only lengthy waiting time.
And the infamous bureaucracy (tolerable).

Visit to website job in Indonesia via online , example http://www.jobstreet.co.id good luck

Ash Burn wrote:

Then again the KITAS does not "allow" you to work.
Which could easily cost you in excess Rupiah 40 million.

After few years get yourself a KITAP.

A KITAS will cost something around one million Rupiah, unless you get ripped off by an agent.
A KITAP may be applied for after two years of marriage and two KITAS.

Work can be hard work to find as local laws are designed to give Indonesians a massive advantage, but highly qualified expats have a very reasonable chance of finding legal work.

Hi,

Suggest you check online job available in indonesia,there you apply first.

If your already married with indonesia you can apply for kitas indeks 317 if you will apply by yourself directly at immigration payable amount at immigration rp2,055,000 for merp,as per regulation in indonesia before you apply for merp (multiple entry) you need to apply telex after getting the telex you need to do vitas stamp in any indonesia embassy outside indonesia like for example if you do at singapore and you use agent will cost you sgd255 one day service if you go directly at indonesia embassy in singapore it gonna cost you sgd 200 below but you must stay in singapore 2-3 days wait there to release.

Goodluck!

xheerz,
ricardo