Executive Assistant job opportunity

Job opportunity for anyone who is interested to be executive assistant for an international company located in Jakarta.
My name is Chantisa, i'm a recruiter in Thailand. My client is looking for executive assistant that can speak fluent Bahasa and English. Prefer experience Customer service field with good personality for this special roles.

if you are interested or know anyone who is interested. please send your CV to [email protected]

Two points I'd like to make to your post.

Point one, coming from your words, “that can speak fluent Bahasa and English.”

Bahasa apa?  What language? 

The term bahasa by itself is meaningless here in Indonesia where there are some 400 indigenous languages, and while some will say that when the word “bahasa” is used by itself without the proper adjective…bahasa Indonesia, bahasa Jawa, bahasa Bali, etc. etc,  automatically means bahasa Indonesia, that in fact is not accurate.

The second point is one which is more an item of clarification.     

The job you describe is one that most likely could be filled by a qualified Indonesian as opposed to a foreigner. 

As a job recruiter based in Thailand, hopefully you are well aware that jobs in Indonesia are for qualified Indonesians first.

Hi chantisa,

You should post an advert in the Jobs in Jakarta section please :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Ubudian wrote:

Two points I'd like to make to your post.

Point one, coming from your words, “that can speak fluent Bahasa and English.”

Bahasa apa?  What language? 

The term bahasa by itself is meaningless here in Indonesia where there are some 400 indigenous languages, and while some will say that when the word “bahasa” is used by itself without the proper adjective…bahasa Indonesia, bahasa Jawa, bahasa Bali, etc. etc,  automatically means bahasa Indonesia, that in fact is not accurate.

The second point is one which is more an item of clarification.     

The job you describe is one that most likely could be filled by a qualified Indonesian as opposed to a foreigner. 

As a job recruiter based in Thailand, hopefully you are well aware that jobs in Indonesia are for qualified Indonesians first.

as an indonesian. since she said "bahasa" actualy we clearly understand about what language she wants :)

my experiences. i almost never find any company want to hire someone who just speak Java but she or he cant speak Bahasa indonesia. hehe

u might found some mistake about my comment to you. im sorry mister my bahasa inggris not really good :)

“as an indonesian. since she said "bahasa" actualy we clearly understand about what language she wants”

My Balinese wife would strongly disagree with you.  For her, bahasa means Balinese.  Frankly, Indonesians who use “bahasa” all by itself in written form and in a public venue (like a forum) are in fact demonstrating the level (or lack thereof) of their education.  Any decent Indonesian SMU or University teacher will tell you the same…using the word bahasa by itself in written form is grammatically incomplete, and incorrect. 

The offending sentence in the original post should have read:

My client is looking for executive assistant that can speak fluent Indonesian and English.   

No charge for today's lesson. ;)

Cheers, Roy

Oh yes, I would rather say "Indonesian" than just "bahasa" :-)

Sophie Fisher wrote:

sophie, indonesian is indonesia people

Seriously I would rather lots of people from around the world and the Indonesians know exactly what "Bahasa" means instead we let them still using the word “ “Bahasa”, It really bothers me so much, because most Indonesians don't take pride in their own language and it's a shame, and yes I am an Indonesian and very proud of it.

-Dewi-

Ubudian wrote:

My client is looking for executive assistant that can speak fluent Indonesian and English.

Indonesian is people not language :)

Ubudian wrote:

“as an indonesian. since she said "bahasa" actualy we clearly understand about what language she wants”

My Balinese wife would strongly disagree with you.  For her, bahasa means Balinese.  Frankly, Indonesians who use “bahasa” all by itself in written form and in a public venue (like a forum) are in fact demonstrating the level (or lack thereof) of their education.  Any decent Indonesian SMU or University teacher will tell you the same…using the word bahasa by itself in written form is grammatically incomplete, and incorrect. 

No charge for today's lesson. ;)

Cheers, Roy

when people saying Bahasa actualy is refer to our national Language which is Bahasa Indonesia. but after u said ur wife think bahasa is baliness language, i just wondering does she know differences between national language with traditional language? Indonesia Has almost 700 traditional language, mister roy.

im agree to say she might wrong or mybe so wrong, yes we need to help her to correct it.:)

hello Roy, my name is putri.

and remember bahasa is not baliness language because bahasa refer to national language which is Bahasa Indonesia :)

hello Roy, my name is putri.

happy day, pak roy! ^^

“Indonesian is people not language.”

Indonesians are indeed people and Indonesian is the proper way in English to refer to the national language here in Indonesia, i.e., “He can speak fluent Indonesian.”  To write “he can speak fluent bahasa” is totally incorrect. 

“when people saying Bahasa actualy is refer to our national Language which is Bahasa Indonesia.”

Sophie and Dewi are just two natural born Indonesians who totally disagree with you. 

Bahasa only means language, and quite literally virtually every person on earth could say, “I speak bahasa” because they do speak one language or another.  The proper use of the word bahasa in Indonesian must be followed by the specific language name…bahasa Indonesia, bahasa Belanda, bahasa Inggris…etc. etc. etc.  Using the word bahasa alone is quite simply being lazy and presumptuous as well, simply because it does not automatically mean bahasa Indonesia.   

The reason my wife would regard the use of the word bahasa as being Balinese is because amongst Balinese, that is the primary language of choice among them.  Of course, when in the company of non Balinese Indonesians, to be polite, they would converse in Indonesian. 

If you don't believe me Putri, that's OK, but you can ask any SMU or University teacher and you'll get the same answer.

And just for the record, it would seem to me that in general Indonesians should be far more proud of their native provincial languages (Javanese, Sundanese, Balinese, etc.) than bahasa Indonesia, which is primarily based and founded in one form or another of bahasa Malay.

You have a "happy day" too Putri. 

Cheers!  -Roy

Ubudian wrote:

“Indonesian is people not language.”

Indonesians are indeed people and Indonesian is the proper way in English to refer to the national language here in Indonesia, i.e., “He can speak fluent Indonesian.”  To write “he can speak fluent bahasa” is totally incorrect. 

“when people saying Bahasa actualy is refer to our national Language which is Bahasa Indonesia.”

Sophie and Dewi are just two natural born Indonesians who totally disagree with you. 

Bahasa only means language, and quite literally virtually every person on earth could say, “I speak bahasa” because they do speak one language or another.  The proper use of the word bahasa in Indonesian must be followed by the specific language name…bahasa Indonesia, bahasa Belanda, bahasa Inggris…etc. etc. etc.  Using the word bahasa alone is quite simply being lazy and presumptuous as well, simply because it does not automatically mean bahasa Indonesia.   

The reason my wife would regard the use of the word bahasa as being Balinese is because amongst Balinese, that is the primary language of choice among them.  Of course, when in the company of non Balinese Indonesians, to be polite, they would converse in Indonesian. 

If you don't believe me Putri, that's OK, but you can ask any SMU or University teacher and you'll get the same answer.

And just for the record, it would seem to me that in general Indonesians should be far more proud of their native provincial languages (Javanese, Sundanese, Balinese, etc.) than bahasa Indonesia, which is primarily based and founded in one form or another of bahasa Malay.

You have a "happy day" too Putri. 

Cheers!  -Roy

Hello Roy.

Hello Roy.

first, i didnt say chantisa was right or i even never mention u were wrong.

second, i might not smart enough to talk about semantically in bahasa indonesia or even english.

third, i was only tryin to applying "understanding in Human society" as i said before she might wrong to write "bahasa" but i really understand what she means. i know i was wrong. unfortunately i wasnt born as perfect human. smile

i think we have to end up arguing before i fell in love to u, hahahha.

Have good day Pak Roy! ^^

Ah yes, this is where it all started, we need to STOP this “understanding in human society “when referring to Bahasa Indonesia.

I wish to God that we all could put an END to this "Bahasa" when referring to Bahasa Indonesia by continuing this discussion in EB.

-Dewi-

so...where's the JOB stuff?

As you can see Dewi, it's a real “pet peeve” with me as well.  Heck, even this American lad who has been in Jakarta for six months got it wrong:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=302813

Bahasa, apartments for rent, visas, trying to live next to Roy in Bali, yes lets keep hoping all these threads can stop. Then we can stop.
Aabie their is no job, there are no apartments, there are no visa issues, there are no issues with over development of land in Bali or fake property agents. There is nothing.

Like this post. Its stops and it is now nothing. This is getting boring.

ARGH!!! This is also a pet peeve of mine, I'm born and bred in Indonesia, BAHASA means language... when people say "I can speak Bahasa" it truly gets my goat. Bahasa Indonesia or Indonesian, please... !

I think while it's currently an acceptable norm to say Bahasa, it shouldn't be. It's confusing, it should be Indonesian or Bahasa Indonesia. Don't sell ourselves short !!  Use proper language (and that's including our own! ) :P

lukereg wrote:

Aabie their is no job, there are no apartments, there are no visa issues, there are no issues with over development of land in Bali or fake property agents. There is nothing.

Like this post. Its stops and it is now nothing. This is getting boring.

yep..

truer than true ((this one is for Luke) lol

well actually..if you can see that girl like it long..(talking to Luke also....)

lol

so, Roy...let's move on to the next thread...
and look...please create some topics...

@aabie: good luck !...errr I think so haha...not sure of if you mean what you said here:P

@Ubudian, Lukereg, Plaindot: my point exactly. I like the fact that we all think alike here :D

Luke, Dewi wasn't calling for a stop of the discussion...quite the opposite in fact.

As Plaindot also makes clear...quite a lot of Indonesians don't care for this misuse of bahasa Indonesia either.

Yes I know. I now correct students and people when they ask and assume I understand what they mean when they say 'so you can speak Bahasa'. I normally reply 'yes I can speak bahasa English' just to annoy. Then they get the point.

Its annoying when someone doesnt have a clue about something but thinks they know everything...  it doesnt hurt to learn from others you know... just saying..

Just for the record, I speak Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Sunda and Bahasa Jawa! There are just SO MANY Bahasa in my beautiful country.

This discussion would stop faster if we stopped posting on it ;)

I've only been here a year, so don't know much other than I don't want to rent a villa in Bali, but language should be about communication, feel free to vent your pet peeves, but better not to tell people off for shortening sentences and saying bahasa instead of Bahasa Indonesia otherwise we'll all have to stop using BBM, Whatsapp etc and say sudah with the S

I'm English, I speak Bahasa English reasonably fluently, yet my language keeps getting amended by the Americans and I get corrected on my spelling by a computer that thinks I should spell honour without a u.

Keep smiling, :D

sam....:thanks:

But! Pet peeve! Rarrr!

:P

Usually offline I'm way nicer though, and just discuss about it. If they take it, good! If not, oh well I tried, and that's the most important thing for me... an attempt to discuss.  :P

:D

I gotta admit Sam, you're spot on in that we Americans have all but totally bastardized the English language.

"I get corrected on my spelling by a computer that thinks I should spell honour without a u."

Hahah, I had a discussion with a teacher whether kids should be taught "color" or "colour." I picked colour, she picked color. Chaos ensued.

Ok, not a chaos but you get my drift :P
(at least both works.. and mean the same thing.)

Yes, America's 44th Vice President was quite laughable with his spelling skills…remember him…Dan Quayle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdqbi66oNuI

This should explain everything and if not, just sit back and marvel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3fjQa5Hls

^---:lol:

you say potato, I say potatoe...

I guess the moral of this story is no matter where you are from; if you don't know what you are talking about, then do us a big favor by not saying anything at all :cool:

-Dewi-

justputri wrote:
Sophie Fisher wrote:

sophie, indonesian is indonesia people

Wrong.

An Indonesian or Indonesians are Indonesian people.

Indonesian is the language or a valid reply to the question, "What nationality is he/she?"

DWSA wrote:

I guess the moral of this story is no matter where you are from; if you don't know what you are talking about, then do us a big favor by not saying anything at all :cool:

-Dewi-

Couldnt agree more!

Cheers Annie !

Have a wonderful weekend everyone !

DWSA wrote:

Cheers Annie !

Have a wonderful weekend everyone !

You have a great one Dewi! See you real soon! :-)

:top:Yeay ! Can't wait Annie

Bahasa is language.  Bahasa Indonesia is Indonesian language.  Bahasa, although it's wrongly referred, we Indonesiansknow  what foreigners mean and don't make a big deal out of it.  End of story.  Peace :).

Its about giving the right education. To me its a great deal :-)

Hi,
If indonesian nationalty can apply for this job?
May I know your email address? So I can send ny cv..
Thank you,

Best regards

Hello guys....

BAHASA INDONESIA is a two words that became a word to say what a native language/national language for The Republic Of Indonesia. Several foreigners said Bahasa for its mean Bahasa Indonesia is because they heard it from Malaysian who say Bahasa for the meaning of Malaysian (Melayu) Language.

I WAS BORN AND LIVING in Indonesia and my teachers (more than 20 teachers) in the whole of my life that taught me Bahasa Indonesia and not Bahasa.

Pak Roy, I like the way you explained about What Bahasa Indonesia is, THANK YOU Pak Roy.