Green Card With Criminal Record - UK

Hello,

My fiancé is in the US military but based in UK (where I live) and we are getting married in May, we have been told after we get married we need to get a green card so I will be able to travel from base to base with him.

I'm worried sick because I have a criminal record for a DUI, I pleaded “guilty with special reasons” because my drink was spiked. It went to court & I managed to prove this, all I ended up with was a fine - but unfortunately it still has gone on my criminal record, this was in 2017.

A couple of months later I was attacked by a group of people, the police turned up and I was arrested on suspicion for assault, they let me go with no further action (not even a caution) when they realised I did not actually commit assault I was just defending myself.

Do you think I will still be eligible for a green card/visa? I am having sleepless nights and I feel sick at the thought of not being able to be with my soon to be husband.

Thank you!

Use search option pls. This is a regular topic here. You need your complete court and arrest records and apply for a waiver.

twostep wrote:

Use search option pls. This is a regular topic here. You need your complete court and arrest records and apply for a waiver.

Thank you. I know there are a lot of similar threads on here, I just wanted some opinions/advice on my situation specifically.

The US is serious about criminal records.
A mate applied for a tourist visa but had an old, spent conviction for fiddling the electricity meter many years ago.
He was otherwise clean and was a member of many social groups including schools committees.
He got his visa but had to jump through hoops to get it.
Basically, get the required records and be totally honest in the interview.

rh2019 wrote:
twostep wrote:

Thank you. I know there are a lot of similar threads on here, I just wanted some opinions/advice on my situation specifically.

All you cn get are speculations based on your side of the story which you posted here. That will serve no purpose.
Prep your waiver file according to instructions. Triple check it. Your future spouse is aware of the issues?

twostep wrote:
rh2019 wrote:
twostep wrote:

All you cn get are speculations based on your side of the story which you posted here. That will serve no purpose.
Prep your waiver file according to instructions. Triple check it. Your future spouse is aware of the issues?

He is aware & isn't worried, he's confident it's going to be fine but I just worry about everything. Thanks for the help.