New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Also what's the area of bab taghzout of medina like....is it safe? Is it too far from jemma el efna? I have been visiting Morocco and marrakech for the past 9 years and I know my way around but unfamiliar with this particular area of medina.

Replying based on my three bedroom Riad in Tangier, 245 sq.mt. Habitable area.

Electricity - Summer: 80-90 Euros per month
Electricity - Winter: 400 -500 Euros per month (we use electric radiant heating and portable heater, not gas).

Water: 30-40 Euros per month.

Community and Property Tax: 350 Euros per year.

This is with the assumption a family of four lives in the premises. 

Other than this will be maid, gardener and driver.

In the North, due to the weather, the biggest cost is always yearly building maintenance if one wants to keep his or her property looking attractive all year round.

Wishing you all the best!

Thank you ever so much for your reply!!

Also Tangier is much  colder in the winter as its more north than marrakech....

Tanger is more colder than Marrakech during the winter.

Hi I am Marouane I lived abroad for last 10 years and just got back to Morocco and unfortunately I'm thinking to leave again lol

I visited my ex-husband in Morocco last year. I thought it was just going to be a "friends only visit". Anyway, we have both fallen in love with each other again, and now we are back together again. He wants me to come to Morocco and get married in Morocco. It sounds like a great idea to me. My name is Pandora and I would like my husband to be in the USA with me as soon as possible.

Ty my brother

Hello! I just arrived in Fes and will be living here for a month. Looking to make friends fast. Message me if you are around :)

Salam! I curentlly live in Romania,and want to move to Morroco to work,and live my life there,im searching for job as nanny,hairdresser,restaurant etc,for some time i feel my soull wants me to come there and stay,maybe its magic,i feel a belonging to this cowntry,it woulld be fantastic if will be able to make my dreeam come true,thank you!

Hi! I've recently come to Rabat from Ireland to volunteer at a youth centre. I'm here till mid August and would love to make some new friends between now and then. Send me a message :)

Hi  your skill will be very helpful  here specially if your a certified Pilates instructor. if you have a good CV or vita and a resume you can get a job . clinic center , fitness club , hotels provided for the guests  , things like Yoga .

all the best

Hi with your english skill , a call centers will be good .

Hi visited morocco for business a few years back, got married afterwards and purchased some real estate as an investment and am now looking to sell. Please see my ad in the classified section under housing. Thanks!

I am avaliating the possibility of working in Agadir. I do not understand the prices of Flats for rent. Is it for month, year or what. Who could help me, please?

Kogu wrote:

I am avaliating the possibility of working in Agadir. I do not understand the prices of Flats for rent. Is it for month, year or what. Who could help me, please?

Hi  Kogu .Hop your doing good.
Generally in Morocco there two type of rent :
First one is the normal rent as you have to pay a monthly fixed amout of money.no more.

Second type of rent is you have to give the owner an amout of money one time in the first day of the sign of the contract  and  you have to pay ur monthly rent.
the advantage  of the second type is that you pay less price of the rent than the first type.
After you move out, the landlord gives back the money.that you give him in the first day of the sign of the contract.

Any more details let me know

Hello,
I am a content provider and I look forward to creating more jobs in Morocco. My company's R&D department is based in China, but I need more operators to join us for Morocco, and I hope to find more like-minded people at expat. People, thank you!

May God make your dream come true & you are most welcome to Morocco 😊

Yes I want a job in marocco

Samra, Did you buy it?
Would love to hear your experiences

My name isSonny . I have been to Morocco many times and it has always been a dream to like in Marrakech. Until recently when I was in Tangier. Love it as well.
I am hoping to find a Riad in the Souk area to live and work. A place that needs improvements in decor, marketing, and customer service to take it to a different level. Basically a diamond in the rough that could use my help. Ideally it has a restaurant or the place to create one.
I have searched now for a few weeks and have been unsuccessful.
I speak ONLY English and Spanish.
Thank you for any advice or suggestions you can provide.
In challah this dream will become reality.
Warm regards from Miami Beach, Florida

Sarajevo71000 wrote:

Hi,
Planning to buy riad in medina of marrakech very soon.  Need some help with utility costs for 3 bedroom place like electricity,  water, rubbish monthly costs and if anything else will be needed to add to my monthly expenses. Thank you all....

Samra

Hello Sara , i wish you all the best with your new adventure.
Electricity and water cost ,everything depends on how much you consume. For the rubbish you can fix a time with trash men to come everyday to move ur rubbish. And u can pay him  daily if you like and the expensive is not too much .

Hey guys, my name is Tarik, I'm a Libyan expat have been living in Casablanca since 2014.. I'm open to new friends

Would be great to connect :))

Regards, Tarik

I think to settle in you need a lovely doggie to keep you company recently we rescued Rosa from laying in38 degrees hardly food and no water. Can you help. Bev x

I help you

Hello😁 my name is Shanna and I am an America citizen that moved to Morocco last summer .. I came To Morocco to vacation then came back 5 more times . I finally decided I loved this country more than any other country I have visited ..
Why Morocco?  it's the beautiful beaches ,the Mediterranean, the Atlantic Ocean, the Atlas Mountains and of course The Sahara desert.. The scenery is amazing and the ppl are good for the most part... Welcome friend

Hi, what qualifications would you be looking for.
Bev

I'd love a job in morroco but what qualifications would I need

Salam.. Hi all. Labas, Bikhir?
I just registered in this website yesterday (my time). I am living and working in Malaysia. I have visited Morocco in 2017 and fell in love with it. I don't have a chance to return but hopefully to do it very soon. I am planning to settle down in Morocco and hope to explore more of the country. Currently i want to gain more understanding and knowledge about Morocco either its' people, culture, et cetera... Will gladly to read more about Morocco in this website or somewhere else. ;)

Great choice u wont regret:)

Hello I'm hafid from rabat Morocco I'm.here to make friends ..offer my help for pple who just come to Morocco and need information

Hello everyone!
Just registered in this website.
I am Congolese young lady planning to come to Morocco for a couple of years. I have never been in Morocco before.
I speak French,English and Ukrainian language .Hope to make new friends and enjoy my stay in Casablanca...

Miss_tutsi wrote:

Hello everyone!
Just registered in this website.
I am Congolese young lady planning to come to Morocco for a couple of years. I have never been in Morocco before.
I speak French,English and Ukrainian language .Hope to make new friends and enjoy my stay in Casablanca...

You welcome . Enjoy your stay

Thank you so much!

Hi, I just moved to Rabat from Nairobi,Kenya. Working on a USAID funded project. I did my undergraduate studies in tangier. Obviously fell in love with this country and came back several times but am now here to settle for longer term. Looking to mingle with the expat community, make friends and find synergy with folks working in the development sector.

Best regards,

Hello to all,

We are young family who just arrived in Agadir. Looking to meet other families with similar interest of social gatherings, outdoor activities, dining... I am Canadian who just arrived from Dubai.

Any events planned in near future in Agadir?

Regards
Francis

Hi from Chicago. 
I am Renee.  Planning on moving to Morocco actually to Kenitra if all goes through with job.  I am currently working full time and teach English online part time.  The job in Morocco would  be for a teaching position at a language center.  I currently know Moroccans living there through helping them with English but it also would be nice to meet and chat with Westerns.  Also, if there are any English teachers out there working now would love to hear from you.  Thanks ;)

[b]Hi dear i'm from morocco contact me if you wanna understanding more

Hello dear can i help you i'm from morocco

Hello Renee,
I live in Rabat/Sale area, and I am currently studying for my BA in English studies. Planning to become a teacher someday too.

Inshallah.  If Allah blesses me with coming to Rabat/Sale/Kenitra area or Casablanca yes, I would be interested in meeting you and getting to know you better.  I will you well in your pursuit to be a teacher.  Regardless of my situation it is nice to meet you. I am from America and hoping come January I will be there.

Closed