New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Morocco forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Morocco if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Salem!  I am just starting the process of moving to and retiring in Marrakech. 

I fell in love with the country and people about a year ago and will continue to explore the many different parts of the country, but Marrakech and southern Morocco feel like home.  I have a few years before I can spend most of my time there, so will enjoy the process of transitioning. 

I am currently teaching Pilates in the United States and hope to continue to do so there, so any information on the Pilates community would be helpful.  Although it seems to be non existent, which can also be a work opportunity to bring Pilates to Morocco.   I will need to do research on being able to earn money in Morocco.  I am hopeful this forum will be helpful.  I am also considering helping in the tourism industry or working with a foundation. 

I am so happy to have this forum and look forward to connecting.

hi

new here, hope to make friends and be happy in this nice city with amazing culture.

making some reasearch on the agriculture side, to set up a future business.
if i can get any help on that field would be amazing.

hey, I am new here
My main reason for heading to Morocco, and flying into Marrakech, was so that I could visit the Western Sahara Desert.

Hi All,
I am new in this forum. I am considering very soon moving to Ouarzazate. I live currently in Ohio, (USA). originally Tuareg from Niger. I am looking for a job or any opportunity I can get in Ourazazate. I have a wide range of experiences from business management, hospitality (Hotel) and customer services. markering/ public communication. Speak and fluent in French, English and Tamasheq. Being here is new for me. Please,  be sure all your recommadations and advices will certainatly be very helpful. Thank you

Hello, i'm Hamza Fattah. I live in Casablanca.
I am a part-time student, part-time jazz guitarist and I love travelling. I didn't have the chance to visit other counties yet, but i travel quite often in Morocco. Im New to this forum, and I'm wondering what is its purpose.

Salam.. Hi!.. Im still in the Philippines and is looking for a job in Morocco in call centers for English speaker, Cafe, restaurant, shop, office or any job I may qualify for. Halal ones.

Hi I am 48 yrs old women considering moving to Morroco full time I would like some help to understand the main issues I would face from people who already are there thank you all help greatful received thank you

Hi,i m morracan i live in italy i want to turn to Marocco.

Welcome to Morocco, I'm originally from here and I used to live in the States and I settled in tangier it's a beautiful city and so is Marrakech and other parts of the country, did you find any source of income yet ?

Welcome to Morocco ,I don't think you would face any difficulties, if you speak English or French and you have some experience you would not find have a problem finding a job ,where are you coming from ?

Hi everyone i'am Sarah and i'am living in Rabat
If you need any informations about Morocco i can help you  :)

Hi, Pilates exists here in Morocco and you can have your personal business, work on freelance or on meditation or sport club  :)

Moderated by Diksha 5 years ago
Reason : Please only post in English on the anglophone forum. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am Peter living in England and would like to live in Morocco but I am worried about health care.  In England there is a welfare state with free drugs and treatments.
How do people overcome this problem?

Hello,

I got an insurance from Cigna. I think it's a British-based company.

Been taking Sabattical in Tangier for about a year. A really nice place for English-speaking expats!

Gags1 wrote:

I am Peter living in England and would like to live in Morocco but I am worried about health care.  In England there is a welfare state with free drugs and treatments.
How do people overcome this problem?

Hello,

I got an insurance from Cigna. I think it's a British-based company. Noting comparable is offered by US-based company.......

Been taking Sabattical in Tangier for about a year. A really nice place for English-speaking expats!

Hi,

My name is Saad. I travelled to Marakesh in March 2016 for 2 weeks, and absolutely loved the city. Fast forward in August 2016 I found myself back in Morocco, but this time around I landed in Casablance and took a train to Rabat. I travelled to Tangier, Chefchaouen, Fndiq, Mdiq, Casablanca, Fez, Marakesh, Essouira, all in all I spent over 1.5 months Morocco.  8 months fast forward again! I was back in Morocco May 2018 for two week Holiday. I had absolutely an amazing time in Morocco, which is why I had become addicted to going back and enjoying my stay. I made friends, became close to families, attachment to locations and masjids.

I work as a Business Solutions Expert (Business Technology Consultant) in Toronto working with leading financial institutions throughout North America. The lfe in the west is fast paced, money comes and goes. I am looking for an opportunity to work and live in Morocco. To experience and enjoy life a little more :)

Connect with me if you have any advice for me, or you feel you can help!

Kind Regards,
Saad Bashir

Hello to all,

My name is Martel and I have moved my family of 5 here to Marrakech from America. We have been here for about 3 months and love the city. I am looking to meet other expats and learn more as well as do business here in Marrakech. I have experience in real estate, marketing, security, website design, and logo creation.

It is not western sahara.It is Moroccan sahara,Correct your information or you will not be welcomed here for ggramsmith

cdriouach wrote:

It is not western sahara.It is Moroccan sahara,Correct your information or you will not be welcomed here for ggramsmith

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Sahara

http://www.sahara.gov.ma/en

cdriouach wrote:

http://www.sahara.gov.ma/en

So it is the same disputed territory?
One cannot expect foreigners to refer to Moroccan government website when citing a disputed territory's name, no?
For example, I strongly believe Ceuta and Melilla are Moroccan territories. But until the case settled 100% internationally - and all maps have been adjusted - they are, sadly, still Spanish.....

Hi there can you tell me if there is jobs for maintenance engineers or what should I be looking for??

Hello everyone and welcome on board.

@ Asmaa bob, i am afraid, you are on the wrong thread. This thread is only meant for the introduction of new members. So, unless you wish to introduce yourself, please create a new thread on the Morocco forum for your query.

You may also drop a free advert to give a boost to your search in the Jobs in Morocco section of the website.

All the very best,
Bhavna

Hi

I have been to Morocco several times this year and love the culture and people!

I will continue to travel to Morocco for the next few years any English speaking expats please message me.

I'd love to make new friends while I am there.

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on this english speaking forum

Hi there I'm from kenitra city i would love to get to know some friends I'm new here😊🌹

Rose_yara85 wrote:

Salam.. Hi!.. Im still in the Philippines and is looking for a job in Morocco in call centers for English speaker, Cafe, restaurant, shop, office or any job I may qualify for. Halal ones.

Yara !!  I am Working In call center in marrakesh If you want really get a job here you can mail me thank you

Hi, do you know any expats in morocco?

I stayed in Morocco for 3 months and planning to go back again. But I'm looking for job opportunity.

Hi

I'm currently in Tagounite morocco and would like to make you aware of the zaid garden (lots of information online) the owner is Khalid a very nice man that welcomes people to his Berber family home from all over the world for work away of many sorts including Agriculture.
He speaks good English so here is his number.
+212 620-461066

Regards
Ashley

Hello ! My name is Nadia! I just moved to morocco from norway. I lived in morocco when i was smaller with my family And always wanted to go back. Now i live in Rabat, but i find it hard to make friends And to find a job. I have alot of experience, but since i dont speak arabic or french, i find it difficoult. If u have any advice i would appriciate it :D

I am from Morocco. I think it is very hard for you to find a job here but if you specialize in teaching field you won't find any problem

Hi Nadia

I really don't blame you for moving here its a beautiful country but I'm surprised you are having problem with the language.
Arabic is not easy by far but most Moroccan's speak a little English.
I find learning just the basics is good to start,
[link moderated]
I'm dyslexic so I find it very hard, I've been here over 4 times about 6 months and I'm still on the basics but the site above is good to get going.
I have a Moroccan friend in Rabat if you would like his details. A very nice couple that speak good English, very friendly and welcoming.

Regards Ashley

Hello i have read your words and  I am a moroccan citizen and originally from the western sahara and currently living in Marrakesh so if you need any help with anything I am here .

Hello i have read your words and  I am a moroccan citizen and originally from the western sahara and currently living in Marrakesh so if you need any help with anything I am here .

Western sahara does not mean it is a differnt country the outsiders think it is the same country just different region so there is no need to be harsh on people just because they misunderstood something.

Thank you that's very kind of you

Hi,
Planning to buy riad in medina of marrakech very soon.  Need some help with utility costs for 3 bedroom place like electricity,  water, rubbish monthly costs and if anything else will be needed to add to my monthly expenses. Thank you all....

Samra

Closed