New members of the Malaysia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Malaysia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Malaysia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

i am Brian wellingthon please can any one tell me more about the weather and more about life in malaysia

Hello Brian. Welcome to KL.

We only have two seasons here, rain and sunshine so you may carry small umbrella in your bag. Humidity is high so carry lotsa cotton wear. English is widely spoken and understood but learn local bahasa malaysia too. Always carry cash when buying at small stores because we are traditional like that.

We are peaceful people and as long as you are respectful, you're going to feel at home. Good luck.

Hello Amara. Warmest welcome.

Hi, I am Md Monir Hossain from Bangladesh. i arrived Malaysia 7th months back. its pleasure to me to get in this forum.

Hello! And thanks for starting this thread. I’m an American living in Ipoh and working as an English teacher. Spent about 1 year in and out of KL and last December landed a 2 year contract. I love Ipoh for many reasons but am craving conversation with native English speakers. Most people here  speak the language but on a basic level so I m constantly modulating my speech (vocabulary and speed). It’s awesome that everyone here speaks several languages, but I just wanna gab with someone who’s fluent once in awhile and who also ‘gets’ Western culture. If this makes sense to you, I’d love to meet for coffee sometime and we could swap stories.
🌺Susan

Hi everyone. I've been to Malaysia a few times, quite like the people, culture, cleanliness, food, sceneries, etc. Currently, living in HCMC. Thinking of moving to Malay with my big dogs for a few months. I'm thinking of a quiet place in Penang where not too crowded.

Hello, Everyone, I am from India and want to explore Malaysia. Whatever I have heard and/or read about the country; am constantly falling in love.
I am focusing to shift permanently to this country and before that thought to let's make few friends via this portal.
It's great to e-connect with you all.

Hello! And thanks for starting this thread. I’m an Pakistani  living in Mont kiara and working as an Event planner. I  love doing this work because my main interest is to meet different people,learn about their culture and to make them satisfying ...
party bubbles

I’d love to meet for coffee sometime and we could swap stories.

Hi Susan,
I am living in Melaka also teaching English and have been here for nearly two years. I know what you mean about having someone to chat to and I love coffee. Do you go to KL at all?
Angela