New members of the Malaysia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hello All,

I'm new in Malaysia and have been looking for job opportunity in Malaysia.

Can I get some leads or assistance in finding a job here please?
I have 7 years of work experience in customer facing roles with very less exposure to IT skills.

Would like to know what are the scopes of landing a job after AWS entry level certification in KL, for someone who wants to change a domain ans is a newbie in IT.

And what other IT roles or jobs are most in demand in Malaysia. Kindly advise.

Thanks.

There will be no jobs in I T for foreigners without experience. Software engineering is where most positions are available. Entry level just does not qualify for an employment pass. Better to continue in applying for customer facing roles ie call centres, where experienced.

So are there jobs in CS available ? Are the companies willing to hire expats and if yes, what CS skills are required?

Hi thanks for inviting me.
My name is Mandeep and will be shifting to KL from June this year.
Am exploring schools in KL for my kids.
Can someone guide me please.

HI.  I am considering a job in Miri, Sarawak at Curtin University.  Moving from America is gonna be a logistical challenge.  And my wife will need a job.  She is a pharmacist.  First question is whether I should take the job.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Spent a week in Malaysia and loved it but one week is a lot to base moving full time to a new country.  So please let me know any thoughts.

I think your wife mayl find it difficult to get a job as a pharmacist as there is usually no shortage of qualified local Malaysians to do the job. Doctors tend to be dispensing physicians here. Checking job portals will give a better picture of the Mrii job market

any information on life for an expat would also be appreciated.

Thank you for the response. I did not think my previous post went through so I reposted.

Hi there.

I'm from the West Coast (best coast) of the U.S. and just moved to KL for work.
Eventually looking for friends to do outdoor activities like shopping, hiking, snorkeling, tennis? beach going.

If anyone knows of a good place to find vintage clothes and collectibles, please let me know!

thanks,
B

Hi

My name is Lin. 

I am living in Penang at the moment having got a job as an English teacher   I desperately need accommodation short to long term.

I was born in Malaysia and went to Uplands School, Penang so am familiar with and love life in Malaysia. 

I would like to integrate into the community so any help with accommodation or events I can go to so that I can meet the community if ex-pats and locals would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Senkoya,

Will keep in touch with you when I am down to Ipoh.
It's my hometown  :heart:

Thanks,
Jeeva

Hii guys I am shafii from Mauritius I want to move to malaysia...to work

How should I proceed

Look for a job to get a Professional Employment Pass*
Or
Apply for Malaysia my Second Home visa
Or
Set up a business (with paid up capital sufficient to qualify for a Pass while having relevant skills)

*Minimum requirements
  Degree +3 years relevant experience
  Diploma +5 years relevant experience
  Certificate +7 years relevant experience

Very few work categories employ foreigners. Malaysia is not like the middle East as it has an active local workforce

Hi everyone.

I m Noor. I lives in Kuala Lumpur.

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : please post a job ad in the jobs section

Hi all,

I'm an Indian-American. I recently got the MM2H visa and came to Penang 10 days ago. I plan to live 6-7 months every year in Penang. I'd love to meet people and attend social events.

Umesh Gupta

I am Faris from Malaysia
Working as a Senior Technician in Waterworks industries
Hopefully we can share anything which is benefit to us

Malaysia only have hot and rain no winter and spring.is a good country that without disaster

Hello,
We r Florin & Loreta, 60, Canadians,soon to retire , looking for some info regarding Panang area for a future retirement place.
Thank You in advance

Hi all,

I'm working in KL on EP from October 2018. I have filed for Tax returns online, but haven't received tax returns yet.

I have heard from few that, first time I need to visit LHDN office along with passport to get tax refund. Is it true? Can anyone help me on this please.

Thank you!

i want to delete that post !!!

Ffdish17 wrote:

Hello,
We r Florin & Loreta, 60, Canadians,soon to retire , looking for some info regarding Panang area for a future retirement place.
Thank You in advance

it's a great suggestible place to live at , where is the calm and hustle from the other side at the same time , there are some place preferable to be in around Batu ferrengi beach 20 min away from the city and it's a charming place and explorable stuff and activities to do as you might aslo find at the same city Gorge Town the most lively active place and where is the various restaurants and bars and some of the own culture touch of the city , considered as non expensive place for the expenses ,

thx, will consider it, Florin

Hello everybody here
my name is   "SAID" I am from Morocco and I 'd love to move to Malaysia to reside and work and I do not know , what should I do ? How can I obtain work visa?
thank you all
and enjoy your day

Malaysia newbie here from the Philippines! Currently living and working in PJ, Selangor. Would love to meet new friends near me or around KL and join events, gatherings with my fellow Filipinos and other races in this forum! ;)

Hello,

Chiara is a new member, living in KLCC  an artist/teacher/gallery owner.   If anyone is interested in learning to paint or draw ,  the studio is in KLCC.
Also would like to set up a Painting Group. Ring me on ***

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am Peter Chong. I am here to assist wherever possible to Expats who may be coming to work in Malaysia . I hope I can be of assistance. My personal email is ***
See you guys soon

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for safety reasons.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section. Thank you

Hi Sandeep

This is Rashmi from India. I am also working here since 7 years. nice to connect here.

regards

Newest to prolong the thread. Hello I'm Xyron, working for an International School. Glad to join and hopefully learn so much about the country. 😉

Hi Im Gary, I have been in Malaysia for 11 months, but recently returned to Sydney as could not find work there, I want to return as have a beautiful girlfriend there , who I miss very much !. I have many years of Sales experience, I use to trade 20 million NZD of NZ Lamb a year in the UK, which was all new business I attained over 7/8 months, I am comfortable selling anything and have a great working personality, if anybody has any ideas would love to hear from you.

Hi everyone,

I have been planning to move to Malaysia for a while.  I am married with 2 children.  Not sure if that makes the move easier or more challenging.
I am an ACCA qualified accountant with 6 years post qualification experience.

I am just unsure whether we should come on the 3 month visit and look for work, or apply for roles while still resident in UK.
Securing a role while in UK has proved challenging so far.

can anyone share any wise words of wisdom?
I have asked many people so far, and they all tell me that i shouldnt go without having secured a role.

Hi I m shan asif. I'm Malaysian. Doing business.***

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hi there,
I'm from Australia.
My family spent our last Easter holiday in Malaysia. We were so impressed by the traditional culture and the street food there. We are planning to move to Penang.
:cheers:

Hi guys, I'm Jackes Tew. Musician/Singer/Emcee.

Hello Everyone... Nice meeting you all..

Thanks , I'm very happy to be here as well

Hi Cindy from Malaysia here.. Thank you for having me here..

You seem to know Malaysia appetite well even mentioned Penang. I was born there particularly Goergetown. I am now settled down with my Vietnamese wife we had 2 sons age 12 + 11.

Hi my name is Jean Mary,I'm 36 yrs old I'm staying in setapak.im looking for partime or full time live out job.

Closed