New to damansara perdana

Hi guys just moved to Malaysia from the US to teach.  I am looking for new and different things to do around here.  I'm pretty physically active so I love a new adventure.  I have been jungletrekking here and its awesome.  Anyone around this area into that as well?....

Also looking for a good place to learn yoga around damansara perdana.  If anyone knows of any please let me know!

Cheers

Welcome, I live nearby and yes Malaysia good for jungle trekking. English as efl or in a School?

Thanks for the reply...teaching english as a second language here...how long will you be here teaching?...I see you've taught all over!!

Hi well not always a teacher but did TEFL in Thailand (in a school though) now I am a qualified teacher. I am here as long as I want!

I wonder if you are at the British council as I noted they opened up at the curve.
You can try mee tup dot com for yoga groups - a local site with mostly locals who do activities together.

Hello Jjmcbride

Welcome to Malaysia. Where about in the US you're from?

Sandra - I am from New York state...what about you??

hello dear, im mohammed 32 from egypt. im working as university lecturer. let meet up for freindship

Hello, there is true fitness in sunway giza, about 10-15 min by taxi from Damansara Perdana. They have yoga classes :)

All mega commercial fitness club provide yoga class.

yes go to 1 utama, celebrity fitness. plus contact me if u dunno where. glad to help Danny [Moderated: pls avoid posting your phone number]. thks.

Hi JJ, I live on the other side of the hill behind Damansara Perdana (Sri Damansara). This lil corner of Klang Valley is pretty connected for outdoorish adventures if you ask me..

From Damansara Perdana:-

North: FRIM (Forest research Institute Malaysia with its canopy walk), Templer park & Kanching waterfalls... multiple cascades, multiple treks. Great for mid level intensity treks. Very close by!

Northeast: Genting and Bukit Tinggi highlands are only half an hour away, Cameron Highlands is also accessible. Imagine trekking your way down from the mountains and emerging in a tea plantation! This are pretty challenging treks and occassionally tourists do get lost.

East: Ulu Klang and environs.. some of the more challenging treks are over here.

South: Very nearby in Taman Tun there is the mont Kiara park.. lovely and safe for a weekend job and light trekking. Further down is bukit gasing.. similar ones for weekends.

West: Take a train from the Kepong Sentral station to Port Klang, and Pulau Ketam (crab island) if u fancy a morning walking around a fishing village. You can even pick up a sailing lessons (of which im planning to do this year) from the Royal Selangor Yacht Club, which is of walking distance from the train station.

For waterfalls in the area, check this out

waterfallsofmalaysia.com/state.php?state_id=12

Regs Jake

Hi
u may try the fitness centre at one utama shooping mall or the fitness centre at the curve. Happy yoga  :)