New members of the Hungary forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Hungary forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Hungary if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,

My name is Azra and I am currently living in Sarajevo, Bosnia. I fell madly in love with a wonderful Hungarian man and I am looking to move to Budapest in spring :)) We are looking for an apartment in Budapest, and I look forward to exploring this beautiful city. I have visited a couple of times and I am absolutely charmed.
Currently I am looking for a way to find a job in Hungary, since I am of Bosnian nationality and Bosnia is not in EU, the process is not so simple from everything I read so far. I am a highly skilled professional so I am hopeful that I will manage to find an employee who would be willing to hire me, despite my current lack of a working permit.
My plan is to enter a language course upon my arrival, since I want to learn Hungarian and emerge myself into the culture as much as possible.
Any kind of advice is more than welcome!
Also, I am very sociable person so I would love to be able to make some expat friends!

<3

Hello,
I am a mother of three children and we moved to Budapest with my French husband after having spent 6 years in Luxembourg and two years in Frankfurt, Germany. I am originally Hungarian and went to university in Budapest, but have spent many years abroad as a child as well (10 years in the USA). My husband opened his medical practice as an osteopath and physiotherapist (PhysiOsteo) and I am currently at home with our 4-month old baby. In Luxembourg I worked as a psychotherapist and family therapist but am enjoying the time at home right now. I will probably start again working a few hours in September.
I hope to meet other English or French speaking moms and parents and become involved in the expatriate community in Budapest.