New members of the Hungary forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Hungary forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Hungary if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I'm feeling pretty secluded lately and would like to get out. I'm not sure where expat events are happening in the city. There's a couple of bars or weekly events I know about I can go to but I'd like to maybe find a group who are more exploratory.

I'm living in District 9, I've just submitted my application for residency permit renewal, and I'm browsing for new apartments too.

If it's like 6 months past the time of this posting get in touch with me anyway. :D

In the words of the song: Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome

District 9 eh?  Be careful there.

Yes and I'm the alien that's landed.

mr.kequc wrote:

Yes and I'm the alien that's landed.

Cool!

Great movie and maybe great district - good for football.

Hi Folks,
I've been visiting/staying in Hungary for the last 25 years or so, finally got residence and address cards after buying a house here (Dunakanyar area) about 6 years ago, although I also spend a lot of time in W Africa (work) ....

Hello all I'm new to Budapest and just moved in August, looking to make some friends here still. I am from Malaysia and staying in district 9 😁

markliew wrote:

Hello all I'm new to Budapest and just moved in August, looking to make some friends here still. I am from Malaysia and staying in district 9 😁

Welcome to the forum.

good afternoon.my name is paul I live in the uk and married to a filipino iam looking at buying a property in hungary,anythink 30 mins to 1hr from Budapest,any help or giudence would help.i have travelled a lot mainly asia.looking at properties in hungary and Philippines.is hungary open at the moment .

good afternoon, My name is Kotany Peter with Real Estate Agency in Budapest -Hungary. We can assist you secure a  buying a property in hungary, 45min to 1hr from Budapest,

Mace61 wrote:

good afternoon.my name is paul I live in the uk and married to a filipino iam looking at buying a property in hungary,anythink 30 mins to 1hr from Budapest,any help or giudence would help.i have travelled a lot mainly asia.looking at properties in hungary and Philippines.is hungary open at the moment .

Welcome!

Might be better off adding to a old thread or starting a new one.

Many of us long term posters are longer term residents and know the system well - own our own properties.

There are a lot of pitfalls.   Really helps if you can speak Hungarian when buying property.

Hi all !

I'm a french student coming in Gyor in February if the actual situation allows it.

Do you have any advices or websites that could be helpfull for me, to find a apartment, a flatsharing, get a job or just meet some people.

Thanks a lot !

Hello everyone! I am Malaysian and have migrated to Budapest for now! Would love to connect more with everyone here. Cheers!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=915988

Thanks!

Closed