New members of the France forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the France forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in France if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, I'm Sam.
I've just joined expat.com, but I've actually been living in France for 11 years - somehow I didn't know about this great forum until now!

I'm British and I've been in Paris since 2007, but we're now planning a move to Annecy (a well trodden path I think) and so I was looking for some friendly local contacts to make the transition easier and to see if I coud get any useful tips on flat-hunting in the area.

We haven't set a date for our move yet - it will depend on how the flat-hunting goes - but we hope to be moved by April/May.

All the best!

Hi, I'm Cynthia. My husband and I moved from Rotterdam, the Netherlands, to Narbonne three weeks ago. We are planning on opening a mindfulness / yoga / meditation retreat centre in the area. We also lead a business in the Netherlands from here ([link moderated] and we are partnering up with someone in Paris to expand our business to France. Besides that I work as a coach (mainly with Dutch clients on Skype).
It would be nice to meet new people in the Narbonne area, French as well as expats...
Best wishes,
Cynthia

Hi all,
I'm Hazel, I'm retired and I have moved to a small hamlet near Ploeuc-sur-Lie, Brittany, to run a bed and breakfast . I love gardening, travelling and eating out. I would love to meet like-minded ex-pats for friendship, travelling and eating out.

Yes hi everyone,
Just joined aswell and trying to work out how to use this site.
Have just arrived in La Seyne-sur-Mer
Would love any help in finding a place or person to help with my french.
Nigel

Hello I'm Tony
My wife and I are presently living in Switzerland and have binational citizenship US/Swiss and are considering moving to Toulon or one of the towns around the city to retire. We would appreciate any help in getting information about housing and medical facilities in the area. We will be in the town of Sanary in late May to get a first impression of the area and gather what information we can. The chance to meet up with expats already living there to get their insights would be a great plus. Thanks

Hi All,

My name is Nicky, and together with my partner Julie, we are travelling from Ireland on the ferry to Roscoff this month (25th).

We are interested in a possible relocation to Brittany (south) but firstly need to rent a gite or apartment - any suggestions welcomed!

We would love to meet people and look forward to hearing from you!

Hello. I arrived in Marseille two weeks ago and I plan to be in Provence for the next two months (longer, if I can help it). Currently reading The Mandarins by Simone de Beauvoir, and I would like to continue reading the existentialists while I'm here, study the French language, finish my writing projects, and become acquainted with France's agricultural system and farmers markets. Right now I'm in Le Panier but planning on relocating to Aix-en_Provence (or somewhere along the coastline in Provence) by the end of the month.

Hello,
I am looking for a native English speaker living in Le Mans or in Sarthe. I teach French and English. The learners and I would like to have a get-together with a native speaker on a regular basis (i.e. once or twice a month if possible). In exchange, if need be, we would help you improve your French or help you with paperwork or administrative chores. The people in the group come from all walks of life and one of them is a newly retired manager with a great deal of expertise in business administration and administrative work, if that is of any interest to you...
We look forward to meeting you !

Hi I Regan de Souza ( South Africa/ British passport holder)*** have just arrived in Antibes from South Africa looking for accommodation and work as a deckhand on the yachts please let me know if you know of any  accommodation and  employment for a English speaking 22 year old male  ( CV attached ) your assistance will be much appreciated regards Regan

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,
My name is Michel from Marseille . I am an American who is living in Marseille, for bout 7yrs.. So I speak 3 languages, English, French & German.

all the best, Michel

Hello,
I'm new to Expat forum. Currently in the United States but in full planning mode to relocation to France with a target date of summer, 2020 for our move, once my wife retires.

Some of our immediate concerns: address issues in the U.S. (to keep one or not), best bets for international financial institutions (will have accounts in 3 countries), and questions about healthcare (what is possible? How long to maintain private insurance? Etc.)

Looking forward to regular participation.

My family are 3 persons , I and my wife and my son 6 old years , we traveled in Paris 5 time until , we decided come to Paris for living and need a Immigration lawyer that do my process , we have tourist visa for 6 month and time stay 90 days from embassy France in Tehran , but need help us a lawyer that we could change this Visa and could register my son in School . and need a person could teach France language my soon and ready him for school .

Hi,
Name is Mike and I'm a newbie.

British with dual UK and New Zealand citizenship, having moved here with family eleven years ago. Planning on moving to France with family. Still to decide between Brittany area to slightly further south nearer La Rochelle.
Just thought I'd say 'Hello'.

Will be scrutinising the forum for advice and may ask dumb questions.

Regards

Mike

jerseysam wrote:

Hi, I'm Sam.
I've just joined expat.com, but I've actually been living in France for 11 years - somehow I didn't know about this great forum until now!

I'm British and I've been in Paris since 2007, but we're now planning a move to Annecy (a well trodden path I think) and so I was looking for some friendly local contacts to make the transition easier and to see if I coud get any useful tips on flat-hunting in the area.

We haven't set a date for our move yet - it will depend on how the flat-hunting goes - but we hope to be moved by April/May.

All the best!

Ok no free???

Hi,

I'm a French student so if I can help someone, tell me !

Hi my names Tirna  :)

I'm 23 years old from Ireland, I'll be moving to Strasbourg with my partner On the first week of June!
I currently work in a pharmacy but would love to start working with children or babysitting when I get to Strasbourg so i can get time to travel around and experience the place alsoo!
Any tips on where I could get work would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

My name is Jezreel from the Philippines. I've been in France for 5 years now.  I am mother  of a lovely-4-  year old  girl  :heart:
Currently working as an English teacher in Grenoble.

Robert from Canada here. I wish to move to Perpignan sometime in the future. Wondering how to organize bank accounts.

Hi everyone!

My name is Kristina, I just moved to Montpellier, France 2 weeks ago and I'm currently here working as an Au Pair for a couple of years and afterwards I hope to find a more permanent job in France! I'm just looking for friends in the city or surrounding area as I've discovered how difficult it is to find community in a new country! I speak "intermediate" French and am about to start taking classes in hopes to become fluent in the language.

I'm excited to finally find something to find community in the city, thanks guys!

HI EVERYONE ,

Im Asana.
we are planning to move to Rennes.
im a dentist. can anyone please let me know about the job prospects here in Renne.
are there any expat groups or forum of Rennes.
Please let me know...i also need info on the british schools in Rennes good for expats.
thank u in advance.

hi everyone
what is the scope for dentist in Rennes?
I am an Indian

Hello  ! et merci pour ce site qui nous permet d'avoir plus d'idées claires sur nos projet .je m'appel siham  je vis à Paris , je cherche à m'expatrier à Dubai avec ma petite famille et trouver un boulot dans le domaine du tourisme et je serais ouverte à toute opportunité qui me permettra de m'expatrier  ,je parle Français ,Anglais et Arabe littéraire. Tres sociable j'aime voyager et découvrir d'autres cultures et je serais très contente de me mettre en lien avec d'autres expatriés qui me feront partager leurs expériences. A très bientôt

Hello, my name is Tatiana. I'm a bit of a citizen of the world, but most recently "from" the US - California. Just moved to France to merge my dog training business with that of another trainer based here. Excited to be back in Europe and looking forward to improving my French - it's useable, but definitely needs developing  :D

Bonjour Tatiana et bienvenue en France

Hi ,
I'm Bella nabila ,
From
Pakistan .

Hallo everyone,

I'm Craig ... about to head off to Australia, but will be back in France later this year. I'm looking to improve my French ... and also looking for people interested in Thailand (I used to work as an analyst on Thailand, and it's got into my blood).

Glad to see there are so many people keen to make their lives in France.

Hey kings & queens  :)

I'm Gen and I joined expat yesterday!

There was always something that drew me to France, so I've decided to make the move in a couple years. I did some research & from what I've learned, Montpellier is the perfect fit for me. It's the perfect blend of what makes my soul happy!  :D
I'm excited hear about your journey & learn of the best ways for me to have the best journey/experience in moving & settling in when the time comes!

Cheers! :heart:

Hello, Everyone.
I am Natasha and am thinking about retiring in France in the next 5 - 10 years. Looking at the Languedoc-Roussillon region, though am open to other areas.

Just starting with cours de langue française, so at some point will likely want to converse with others for practice and to get to know some people.

My optimal living situation is a small house with land (flower gardening, growing food) and within walking distance to a village and able to get to an airport fairly easily.

I am somewhat introverted and thrive in quiet, and would like to connect with others as well  - introverts like and need people, but we also need time to ourselves :-) So I would hope to connect with ex pats as well as locals who like to walk, garden, read, do arts and crafts and the like.  I will want to explore more of France and other EU countries for my grander excursions. Currently, I teach at a community college and have volunteered at the local library, and would likely want to contribute in some positive way to my new community after I've settled.

At some point, will be looking for information about purchasing a home; health insurance; and all those necessities for living well.

It is a pleasure to meet all of you.

Natasha

Hey,

I'm Samrith. I moved to Paris 2 weeks ago for professional reasons. I'm just going to start learning the language in the next week or two. I like meeting new people and conversing, and enjoying a drink (or 10).

Pleasure to meet all of you. :)

Hello samrith

Hey all. My wife and I will be moving to Paris, France for a 3 year work assignment via my company. I have previously lived in France for my Master's degree, but it will be the first time for my wife.  We are looking to meet new people and get some tips on living in Paris.

Andrew

Hi,

My name is Sally and my (french) partner and I currently live in Scotland. We will be moving to Lyon in September and look forward to meeting other expats and learning all about life in Lyon.

Sally

Hello

The best to find out about all the questions you have is to get in touch with the american embassy..

Regards

elisabeth

Hello people! I just moved to Marseille last week from South Africa 🇿🇦

Looking to meet new people to explore this beautiful city.

Junaid

Hello everyone!!!

Thank you for adding us.

My partner and I bought a place in France (La garde-Freinet in the Var region) a few years ago. We decided last year to live here permanently after having spent 30 years in Sydney. I am an accountant by trade and i also give French classes in my spare time. 
Best regards from (too) sunny South of france :-)

How do you just decide to move to France? What kind of visa did you apply for?  I am Canadian wanting to settle in France but don't know which direction to take. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Merci beaucoup.

Hi Sam and family!
I'm in the same boat as you - living in Annecy for many years and just now stumbling on this virtual expat community!
How are you getting on?

:cheers::top: Just joined! - I'm Scott i don't live in France, but i am driving here weekly all over france helping individuals, families and businesses move properties. I am here to give help, tips and advice on Moving furniture around europe and worldwide - just message me !

Hi, I'm Kevin, 
I moved to France in May this year, after retiring from many years in the aerospace industry.  I have a house in creuse and I've been coming to this house for holidays and doing general maintenance  for about twelve years.
There always seems to be somethimg extra to do!

Closed