New members of the Egypt forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Egypt forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Egypt if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I lived there since I was born. It's a miraculous country full of good hearted people. Any business there would thrive depending especially on the location.

Hi we are couple from UK. We both professionals and planning to live in cairo or Hurghada for period of time.
Male - 35 -doctor
Female-29-physiotherapist

Like to connect with open minded Egyptians or Europeans

Im tsking up job in ciaro in few weeks  as a white westerner is it safe and secure  not sure as here so many different stories

Hi
Nice to meet you in Egypt
I like UK and the people of it and I have alot of friends from Eurupe
Tell me when you come to Egypt
And i will wait you in the airport if you want
I have an extra house in Alexandria becide Mediterranean Sea and If you want to stay in my house becide Sea for some days
Welcome

Hi,

This is my first thread in Cairo community.  My husband has received fantastic job opportunity to work in Cairo (actually New Cairo) for next 2 years.
We are both born Croatians but currently living in Germany with opportunity to move to Cairo.

Hopefully we will be able to get some useful information before making our final decision of moving there or not :)

Martina

Hi everyone,

I 'm relocating to hurghada with my children over the summer.  This is a really exciting time for us all.  My husband already lives and works in hurghada. We will be searching for a villa, new schools, football teams, dentists etc So let's to do!!!!

Hey I've been on the site about 5 years. My husband is Egyptian and i amEnglish we have a daughter together but will be moving to our apartment in Sharm this year

My wife, son, and I will be moving to Cairo in August 2019. My wife and I will be teaching. My son will be looking for a job upon arrival and taking college courses online. We are from Texas, U.S.A and are very excited about our new jobs and Egypt. We haven't decided on where we will live as of yet. Jobs will be in El Shorouk area. So if any one has some advice regarding housing, that would be awesome.

Hi

I am french, i live in Egypt since september. I have live in Cairo dix months there is two years.
I can help you if you want.

Cordialy

M.H.

I,m egyptian welcoming  all expatriates  to my country.
I , m an ophthalmologist .

My name is Sandy Colombiana and I will marry soon, i already translate my single letter from my embassy in Colombia but i dont know what is the second step before go to the Ministry of Justice.  Thank you very much in advance and waiting for a helpful answer

Hi,
Settled in New Cairo since a couple of months, I am civil engineer.
looking forward to sharing our experience.

Hi dear, kindly teach me how to contact Tourism Police in Egypt, if you have office telephone number it will be the best, tq

Ho ! Good day to all forum members. I am in Cairo since a year . Joined as a technocrat . Egypt is a nice place. Good people . Good culture . Good fruits . Good restaurants.
Overall a nice place.

Hello everyone ,

I am an Egyptian girl. I left Egypt four years ago to do my Masters in Germany.

And since I will come back to Egypt in the next days inshAllah, I would be happy to get to know more international friends in Cairo :)

Regards,
HG

Hi all , i am Egyptian citizen , Don't hesitate to ask me about any thing you want to know except for visas.

Hey everybody :)

I moved last month's from Germany to Hurghada and Iam looking forward to get to know nice people here.

Best regards,
Philipp

Im adel froum cairo
Im 46
I can help in roaming around al - Hussein and al - Ghuriya feel free to ask for help

I can help in roaming around al - Hussein and al - Ghuriya feel free to ask for help
I love to learn about different cultures and an open man

Hello
i'm egyptian student and i'm studying architecture engineering
i can help you in education field in egypt

Hi,
I'm Safiullah Taha, from Afghanistan, living at New Cairo, know Persian/Farsi, Arabic, English and Pashto, would be happy to know new people.

Hi everyone! I'm newbie here! I am from Philippines, I want to know about culture in Egypt and about men dating girl for married?

Thanks!

Hello to all of you,

my name is Franzi, i am 30 years old and live close to Stuttgart where i work in the marketing and event business. Right now i try to get as much informations as possible about moving and living in Egypt. Have been there around 8 times now and really think about moving there. Looking forward to some nice conversations on this forum 😊

Hi mr Franzi how are you my name is Ali graphic designer and real Estate marketing manager and have transportation company and chess trainer too 44 years I am ready to talk and answer any questions lol

Hello Everyone
My name is Haitham , I am an Egyptian lives in Cairo. I am working as a civil engineer , if there is any native english speakers in Egypt cares about learning Arabic , I am available in exchange helping me improving my English . As i am planning to pursuit my graduate studies in Canada or USA . Also i love to make new friends from another culture. So feel free to contact me anytime

Hello every one
My name is Raad , I'm a dentist, I am Jordanian, i moved to Egypt, Alexandria since 2 months, i am looking forward to Opening s dental center here in Alexandria , i like it here،still getting my self oriented to living here.
I would be glad to here from the members of this forum about a new business idea as i am a Cosmetic dentist and an implantologist, also i am experienced in facial rejuvenation procedures like Botox and fillers.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

It is as safe as anywhere. Of course you find good and bad people anywhere and the media love to make a drama of the bad stories. I have lived here as a single white western woman for 18 months and I've not had any problems. Learn some basic language skills, dress respectfully and figure out the rest as you go. I have walked the streets of Cairo and Alexandria alone in the dark up until 2am and have felt perfectly safe. Just be sensible as you would do anywhere.

Welcome back

Hi! I have been living in Katameya Heights for a while. I am gonna relocate shortly in Italy. I am selling almost brand new furnitures (one year usage without kids) like full set of dining, living room and bedrooms. Should you need anything mentioned above please contact me at 002 0109 845 5536

Both of you more than welcome to have a coffee with at my club in Maadi or invite you to spend a weekend at my red sea chalet in Sokhna beach!

I am an Egyptian female employed in Kuwait which I like very much, I would like to join Expat.com network in Kuwait where I am currently living to be aware of the different events and to join the expat community.  I like cooking and reading.

Hi everyone! I am originally from Germany but live in the USA for the past 30 years and planning to move to Alexandria, Egypt by early next year to live with my fiancée who is Egyptian. What is the easiest way to find a job in Alexandria? I currently work as Senior Account Manager for a worldwide known Insurance brokerage company outside New York.  I don't have to be employed in insurance and would be open to other jobs like, teaching German or English or work in the hotel or tourist industry. Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated! Karin

Hello,

I'm a french-morrocan girl, i grew up in south of France. I'm 32 years old, teacher for French, Geography and German. I lived in Germany for many years till this year. Certainly I will get a job in a French school in Maadi from End of August for one year. I'm looking for an accommodation for September. I would like to improve my Arabic because I love this language. Egyptian Arabic is beautiful too. So if you are interested in improve French or German, I'm ready.

Greetings,
Nini

Hello,

The news are overrated sometimes however it holds som truth in it so you should focus on choosing the right Neighborhood where you will be living cause it is very important for newcomers to choose a vibrant location that will effect your first experience in Egypt.

Good luck and hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Sekiro:

My husband who lives in Alexandria, Egypt is a realtor and he knows all the different neighborhoods.

Thanks for your e-mail and advise.

Karin

You're right, neighborhood is very important. Thank you both

Dear All,

will move in Cairo middle of September with my wife (from beijing) my dog (black labrador) and myself italian.

looking forward very much.

GV

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on this english speaking forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey, I hope all is well. I am looking to relocate. I need help being able to find work in Egypt with a high paying salary. Is there any jobs that would pay USD? Or is there a good company that would interview me while I am in the States or guarantee me work before arrival?

Closed