Pre school registration deadline for 2019/2020?

Hi all! My partner moves mid March to BE to work close to NATO. Our child (4-yrs-old in Aug) and I will follow in the months to come. Already read in this blog to look for schools and then for accommodation.
Are we too late to register our child for the school year 2019/2020? In terms of public schools do you recommend a Flemish pre school somewhere in Zaventem or better stick to French speaking ones. Our son just started this year learning English, but is actually bilingual, Bulgarian/Croatian. Any idea if the parents should soeak Flemish/French in order to get a place in the preschool? Thank you for your advices!

Hi,

For preschool, it's never too late. Don't worry he will be allow to enter directly. Whatever the language orientation of the school, your child will adapt quickly. It is you who are likely to have many more difficulties. You will need to take French and / or Flemish lessons to be able to get by in everyday life

Thank you phipiemar, hope you are right. Yeah, I shall manage, it's my 2nd time in BE, just last time without any kids :).