RENTING AN APARTMENT IN MOROCCO

What has been your experience in renting an apartment in Morocco? 

Did you go through an agency or through a private person or through a list serve?

Any tips you can give me?

Patsy

Hello Pwardw! hope you are doing well, how long are you going to rent it for ?

Want to rent for 1 year to start.  Trying to find a furnished place with a bathtub.

Ah okay; the prices tend to change depending first on which sity you are going to stay in and is it in the centre of the city or in the suburbs. There is App called Avito you can use it look for the appartment you are looking through contacting those people individuals who post those announcements.

I am here in Marrakech now and want to look a places this week and have done some research on how to do that.  Question:  If I ask an agency to help it seems they charge a month rent in fees.   Do I have that right?  That, plus a 2 month deposit, seems excessive.  What do you advise?

I am here in Marrakesh now and want to look a places this week and have done some research on how to do that.  Question:  If I ask an agency to help it seems they charge a month rent in fees.   Do I have that right?  That, plus a 2 month deposit, seems excessive. 

What is the protocol for using the listings here? 

What do you advise?

I think the safest way to do it is through an agency and give them their commission. I think the deposit of two months ahead is part of the renting rules in here. I myself rent a flat in the surrounding of Marrakech and i payed two months prior. But make don't give the money before asking about the commision of the agency and visiting the appartment first, and it would be good if you consult different agencies in order to compare the commission and the prices.

That's a good idea.  Thanks!
I also heard that just driving around the neighborhood you want to live in and noting the " a louer" signs is a good practice.

Yeah! That's true. check your inbox.

Looking for a rented property in missour Morocco 2bedroom no stairs

Hi everyone,

@ Vicki, please drop an advert in the Housing in Morocco section of the website, so that you might get some offers.

You may also contact the professionals listed in the Real estate in Morocco to help you out.

All the best,
Bhavna