Rent/lease

I've found a lovely house which is available for lease. This means paying a lump sum and then a small rent each year. When leaving the original sum is returned. It may be known as a mortgage.

I've been told that this arrangement may not be available to non-residents. Does anyone have any knowledge they can share?

@bushrajanna Hello, I apologise for contacting you on this thread, unfortunately I'm unable to answer your question, however, I did want to ask you something. I am looking to relocate to Morocco. Our ideal area would be Tangier but we are open to other cities if the right circumstances came up. How have you found your relocation experience? Was finding suitable employment difficult? Again, apologies for the random questioning.

@aviator1 no problem. I'm self employed so still running my business in the UK. Living here is easy, just bear in mind that hard times are forcing everyone to “try it on” so be prepared to walk away if you don't like a deal. I don't mind paying a little over the odds but there'sa limit :-)

@bushrajanna Thank you for your reply! What field of business are you in? I have been to Morocco on 5 occasions now, stayed several months in the Meknes area with my in laws. I completely understand the traps you can fall in when dealing with vendors and individuals. I love the laid back nature and lifestyle. What drew you to move there?

I love Morocco and Moroccans!

@bushrajanna Hi there, I am also planning to relocate from Australia to Tangier in this year. I have been to Casablanca before for about two months but somehow didn't like it. But when I went to Tangier for two days, I fall in love with it. My plan is to move there and settle for about 10 years with my Moroccan wife.

I am currently looking for an apartment to purchase in Tangier and I don't know where to start.   

@bushrajanna

Good afternoon Bushrajanna,

I am considering living in Tangier, I was there last month looking at apartments, and noticed a big increase in rents since I looked 2 years ago.

Are you currently renting?

I am interested in Marshan. IBERA and California, I guess all on the expensive side.

Would you be open to communicating with me and meeting up?

Hawwa

Female. Semi retired.

@U M52

Hi. There are some Web sites which are like an umbrella company for real estate agents. I found at least 20 apartments I was interested in and sent whatsapp through the portal to the independent real estate agents, who contacted me direct.

I wanted to see options with a plan to narrow down to areas and viewing when i return to Tangier next month.

Better to get a feel of the areas before commiting to long-term rental, I tried two weeks in Marjane area, about 10 min taxi to centre ville. The apartment modern but smal and could here neighbours kids..so I reaffirmed my preference to stay closer to centre.

Hope to keep in touch

Regards

Hawwa UK

@susysue059 hi there, may I ask what property website is legible? Can u send pm to me please.

As I am into looking at properties in Agadir or Marakesh. Looking forward to your reply

I didn't get what you mean. With you question me I have a flat well furnished in casablanca to get in rent. Here the link below take a look

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/africa … taste.html