Wedding in the Dominican Republic. Who will help?

Hello to all! Gathered with a girl in the Dominican Republic, we want to play a wedding ceremony there, but we don't know a company that will help organize the wedding. Tell me, do you have any familiar companies?

Welcome to the forums. In what area of the country?

There are wedding planners galore. I woul not trust any of them. up front. Many resorts&  hotels offer destination weddings. You must talk to folks who have have successful experiences. Back up checks of the referrals are  a necessity for sure.  THERE re GOOD PEOPLE WHO CAN HELP YOU.  Depending on budget & the extras you may require, tou can have a great wedding experience.  Be patient & do the research. I know of several sites, but hesitate because everyone has different fantasy, when it is so personal.  Congrats & good wishe on your impending status.  Sorry that I can't be of more help to you. May websites will offer you the Moon, but remember that you are already there with you loved one.

Congrats on your betrothal.  The Dominican Republic will be a beautiful venue.

Common sense goes a long way.  Few on this site have not had sufficient experience in weddings.  Having spent 28 years in the Hospitality industry, I have experienced hundreds. 

To reduce time and frustration, if your budget allows, pick two hotels in the location you prefer, that have held dozens of weddings.  Schedule an appointment, and check their facilities and ask for food and beverage costs based on how many attendees you expect. 

Remember, hotels will ask for guarantees of # of guests that you will guarantee.  Further, ask for 3 names and contact information, preferably email address, as other contact details may have changed, of others who were married there in the last 12 months. They can provide you with contact coordinates of wedding planners, if necessary.  Typically, sizeable hotels who offer weddings, probably have a staff person who can act as your planner.  Since they work for the hotel, you have saved the cost of a wedding planner, and they have experience working in the hotel and be more responsive to quickly resolve any emergencies that may arise during the entire process.

Staffs change as does service.   Go with the one you get the most positive Information and you feel comfortable with.

Now you have done your homework the right way.  You have everything to make an informed decision. And the propensity of a pleasant and enjoyable experience.

Good luck.

If you are on the North Coast, check out Everythingunderthesuncabrera on FB

For me there is one perfect place to have a low key affordable formal Caribbean beach wedding in DR. It is secluded, very romantic setting and in perfect location. Close to bigbobs favourite posted DR home too.

I spent my honeymoon there after a civil ceremony in Santo Domingo. They plan weddings for you.

French owner who speaks good English so drop him a line.

http://www.puntarucialodge.com/

And you could even arrange a few moments on a most romantic location there on Cayo Arena, a sand bar in blue waters. Seclusion guaranteed. For something unique close by, see the manatees, mangroves and coral in the leisure days after the ceremony.

Enjoy real DR.

Sometimes things come to an end way before their expected time. Because my vision is leaving me  in such a rapid speed, I do not know how much longer I will be able to post. I know that this is off topic, but I hope you will pass it on so that my lack of raves, rants & opinions is because of being blind & not because I no longer give a shit!  Bless you both on your new voyage in life.  Not everyone gets a berth on the Titanic, you will survive the trip across the ocean of marriage.  Thanks if you can sneak my little message in.

Want to do it on a yacht? (big luxurious catamaran) Your options are without limit.

I am curiou, what happens to weddings in remote locations, or anywhere on the beaches and/or on a yacht, if after planning it months in advance, it rains heavily on the day of the wedding?

About the sam thing as running from the limo to the venue.  It seems that unlike others, I neither selling or promoting anything. Offering options & thoughts are the essence of  it all.  Tain't my boat, ain't my venue,  I like sand tween my toes, not up my ass.  Many people ask me stuff, the more I know, the more I can help. i Just caution folks of the itchy fingers looking to invade their wallets.  There are many honest outfits to be sure, beare & take your time.   OH, lest I forget, how big is Big Bob anyway?  I'm just curious.

This Big Bob is 6'5" and 275#s.

I meant close to Luperon.

I am in Luperon.  I am not sure what you mean.

Punta Rucia and Cayo Arena is relatively close to Luperon. Have you been there?

No.  I have heard of them.  What is special about them?

we really need  the Original Poster to weigh in with more info.

Where?
When?
What style wedding are you looking for?
Resort?
Natural setting?
Beach?
Mountains?
Someone's back yard?

Etc etc etc.  Too many questions for us to start throwing out ideas! 

On that note,  I recently went to a wedding on the North Coast. The bride organized everything herself  with some  friends help. It was lovely!   Of course it started late (big surprise)  and carried on well into the night!

Thank you so much for all the answers! I did not expect that there would be so many offers there quickly.

But I have already decided on a wedding agency.

Thanks to all!

Hello everyone,

If the OP has already found what he is looking for, we might as well close the thread and wish him good luck.

All the best RomanLebedev.

-Thread Closed-

Closed