Who to turn to when police don't help?

Hi,

My wife sold a used watch to some guy. Now he's stalking and harassing her. She's scared so we called the police but they didn't want to do anything.

He knows where we live but we don't know anything about him.

Any suggestions on how to handle situations like this in Kiev?

Thank you,
Sativo

Hi Sativo.
In what way your wife sold the watch? With the help of OLX?
In what way this guy harassing your wife?
1. You could try to block this guy at OLX. I think it is possible.
2. Your wife could add him at black list at her mobile phone.
3. It is possible to add to black list this guy with the help of mobile operator.
4. May be you could find a strict friend who will tell to this guy, that he is your advocate, he has all information about this guy (name, surname, ID-code and passport details) and is ready to begin a legal action through the court. In some cases it is very useful.

Hi Tesorero,

I think it was like OLX. The problem is the guy came to our house, so he knows where we live but we do not know anything about him.

He harasses her by saying he wants to talk and he will come over, etc. She tells him no and that she called the police. It doesn't matter... he still call and messages. This makes her very upset.

Unfortunately I don't have any "strict" friends like you speak of and I don't know where this guy lives.

Do you know of a private detective I can call to find his address?

Sativo, unfortunately I don't know any private detective.
But I am Ukrainian and may try to find some information in open sources.
Give me all information you know about him.
You could place it here or send by private message.

Tesorero wrote:

Sativo, unfortunately I don't know any private detective.
But I am Ukrainian and may try to find some information in open sources.
Give me all information you know about him.
You could place it here or send by private message.

Please do so by PM as naming him here would be unacceptable.

Hello Sativo,

it's sad to hear that, i think best to be done is ur wife take care, like buying paper spray of something and keeps it in her bag.
And u can see what he want, like if he wants to give it back or what?
I mean he must need something,
in Kiev don't bring strangers even close to home, a friend of mine had Similar situation, and he ignored the guy and everything was okay after.

Stay save and Good luck.

Hi there!
Nowadays we have big problem with police and human rights protection at all.
First of all I can advise you to try next:
1. Call to police "102" or come to local police office and write official declaration on crime. Then you should claim to registrate your declaration and give you registration number of declaration on crime from the state register. Its important to classify it according to the Criminal Code before writing. As we don't know all of the situation its hard to do now. Maybe its could be extortion or something else, for expample article 355 of Criminal Code. Also you should include personal information of offender.
2. If police should not react for your declaration you can write the complain to local prosecutor. He could proceed the audit of police indolence.

Nevertheless you should understand that you have to collect evidences of illegal activities of suspect by yourself.
Advices to try to ignore and block offender were good. Can you tell how this person found your location and place of living and what the purpose of his demands? Or he don't know your adress and location?