Medical checkup for an employment visa

I am safna (Indian),from muscat..now i am on visit visa,insearch of a job to join with my husband here.With god's grace a company hired me as an accountant.but, when i exit oman to change my visa and when i return back,whether  i need to done my medical checkup from india itself,or can i do it from muscat after I reach here..?? ( bcoz costs are less here compared to India.) And is there any rules regarding the medical checkup to be done from our country itslef??

Hi Safna nujoob,

The employee's approved GAMCA medical tests are mandatory before the employment visa can be processed. So how do you intend to do your medicals after arriving, if you cancel your visit visa and leave ?

The GAMCA medical tests can be done at any approved medical centre, anywhere. There is no mandatory requirement that the test has to be only done in the expatriate's home country.

Sorry..I was mistaken..i meant that,can i take medical checkup with the 'offer letter' they provided from any gamca centre here,before i leave oman?

Safna nujoob wrote:

Sorry..I was mistaken..i meant that,can i take medical checkup with the 'offer letter' they provided from any gamca centre here,before i leave oman?

Hi Safna nujoob,

Yes indeed, you can !

And They told me my visa would take upto 2 months to be received..So..if i take medical this month,before i leave muscat (17th of decembr), i know its validity is upto 3 mnths..and can i get upto 6 months if it got atttested?? TIA

Hi Safna nujoob,

Do the medicals a day before you leave the Sultanate. So that the medical test results can remain valid up to March 2019. Unfortunately, no other options are available.