Billingual public high schools

Hi,
my name is Boris, I am looking for billingual public school in any big city in Germany. I am now attending 3rd grade in Gymnasium (high school) in small city in Slovakia and the reason why I want to move my studies is that my school and my city does not really provide my with many opportunities. Me myself I am getting involved in many different projects and organisations, but I would still like to have more chances which I would have somewhere else.

Currently I am struggling to find any helpful links or directly schools that would be public and in english language or billingual, so for any kind of advice or help I would be very thankful.

Thank you:)

I think there are some private international schools that primarily use English but they are very expensive. Using Google, I find mention of bilingual schools, some of which I think are public. I'm not sure how these schools are run. I think some primarily use English as the first language of instruction but I think one still needs to learn German. I found links to sites mentioning such schools in the Berlin area and one in Hamburg. There are probably others but I think you can start here and Google it yourself.

https://www.gymnasium-berlin.net/englischhttp://www.hlg-hamburg.de/bilingualer-unterricht/

Hi Tomin, thank you very much

Public "bilingual schools" do exist in most cities (and are fashionable, thus entry restrictions might apply). Google "bilingualer Zweig Gymnasium XXX" with XXX being the city your are interested in.
However, those "bilingual" is meant for German kids who want to learn more English than the mainstream schools offer. Most teaching is still done in German. In the first years, there is typically an increased numer of English lessons and in later years more and more regular subjects are switched to teaching in English. In the final year before graduation, typically a third to half of all lessons will be in English.
Since we speak English at home, we decided that for our daughter this is useless. She will thus enter a normal (monolingual) German school.

Thank you very much I will google it :)

Hello Tom,
Can you please let me know how much one should pay for grade 1 in bilingual public schools.

I just want to get a rough idea about it

Public schools are free of charge in Germany.

beppi wrote:

Public schools are free of charge in Germany.

And private schools tend to cost 1000 Euros a month - or more!