A year of experience

Hello forum,
         I am presently living right outside of Philadelphia pa, and we are trying to plan a trip to Montenegro for a year, to see if it is a place that can be a new residence. Was thinking about school for children that are 10 and 7, also how much  money, a month would be necessary. I only speak the English language , will that present a major obstacle ? Any other information that you see important, I would like to hear about, thanks.

Hi there

It really depends on the location and the school you want to enrol your kids in, whether it is local or international. For local schools, your kids will need the local language. For international, it's only in English.
Once you've decided on where you'll move I suggest contacting the schools and getting their direct offers.

At the coast there are two international schools - Arcadia Academy and Knightsbridge, both accredited.

In the capital there are also two - United Kids International Montenegro (which I run) and QSI, both accredited as well.

At our school we have many expats that have moved for a year or two, to test the waters in Montenegro. Some have stayed longer, some have moved on to other locations, so it is all really a matter of personal opinion and want.

Let me know if I can be of more help.
All the best,
Tijana

Thanks for your time and information .  I will look in the schools you have mentioned .