Learning montenegrin language

Dear All ,

I am planing to visit Montenegro to see place for living and establishing a company there. I dont know local language, Montenegrin. Can i find any school in there for Montenegrin language ? Can i communicate with people in english in daily life ?

Very easy to find someone who speaks English around you. Still, that will be much more better for you to learn the language to communicate easily. When I intend to learn the language; could not find  Montenegrin; friends advised me to learn Serbian (or Croatian) which is similar. Now I started to learn Serbian. I am using the application from Play Store 50languages.com (Even they have a web page) and possible to find different languages.

The Institut Français du Monténégro has Montenegrin language classes.

Dear Zelce and Dear Dianneb

Thank you for your answers.

Merhaba Ismailg, if you visit Montenegro, you will be able to get along with English for researching  business opportunities with no problem. If you decide to move here and want to learn the local language there are many private teachers. They usually advertise on local notice boards which you can find around town.. Otherwise you can check Facebook.. many local people offer their services there.

I do live here. I set up a company and got residency and have been here for 2 years. If you have any other questions,  feel free to send me a PM.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I moved to Podgorica from California in 2020. I recommend finding a private tutor who focuses first on conversational Serbian/Montenegrin (here, it is often referred to as "lokalni" to avoid nationalist political arguments) and at first avoids the grammatical complications. I studied Russian years ago, and that knowledge helped me greatly with the grammar, which is similar (as is much of the vocabulary). But for a native English speaker, the grammar can be daunting, and it's not a good place to start. Instead, learn enough to carry on basic conversations before diving into the grammar. Serbo-Croatian is categorized by the Foreign Service Institute Language Difficulty Rankings as a "Group Four" language, requiring 1,100 hours of study to master. https://www.atlasandboots.com/travel-bl … iculty/The good news is, unlike English, or even worse, French, the written language is entirely phonetic. Whereas, even the word "phonetic" isn't spelled phonetically (fonetikly?) in English!

@Ismailg

Hello Ismail,

I am new on the web site, but quite long connect to Balkans Region , since 2009 ! Did you success to etablish in Montenegro? What is doing your firm?

So I am speaking local langage, if you need some support! Otherwise just to have a break in the Nature, with a special guide for medicinals herbs...here I am !

Welcome