Reviews and experience of the British International School in Riyadh

Hi,

I am hoping to find out as much information as I can about the British International School in Riyadh. My children are currently being educated in the UK and are 9 and 8 years old respectively which means that they are in Years 4 and 5. My only knowledge of the school is through its website and some reviews that I have read, but they date back to 2011 and were very critical of the school. I am finding it very difficult to find any current reviews / thoughts on the school.

Please can anyone help me?

I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best x

Hi Pickle

I am in the same boat as you. Were you able to find anything about BISR? Please do let me know. It would be of great help. TIA....

Hi Pickle,

My husband is considering a job offer in Riyadh. I'm concerned for the school options available in Riyadh. My boys are 6 and 8 years old. Any insight on British International school would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Dear All,

I am about to relocate to Riyadh and I was wondering what the British School is like?
Have any of yours children started and what is your and their experience of it?

Many Thanks

Hi All - similar boat

Due to be heading to Riyadh in a couple of months but biggest concern is getting my son into school

He is currently private and year 3 in Surrey - our initial thoughts are we need to look to BISR (DQ or Al Hamra) or Kings College but really challenging getting info on things like:

1. Curriculum
2. Likelihood of getting admitted
3. Comparable standard to U.K. schools
4. Attainment info for kids - say GCSE or what schools they go onto

Any info, thoughts or ideas would be super helpful!

Thanks!
Edosa

@Edosa you found school?

Hello All,

Any updates or feedback re schools in Riyadh with/without British curriculum is VERY MUCH appreciated (excluding BISR- very expensive)?

My kids coming from UK (London) in the age range of 6-10.

Please share your experience.

Thanks