Choice of bank for a foreign owned company

Hi, I need to choose a bank to open accounts for a start-up foreign company, any suggestions?

someone already suggestd CAL to me, so how's it? She also mentioned that Standard Chartered is a bit expensive (i.e. bank charge), and Barclays is with bad service. Do you agree?

Thanks!

Hi happyface!

I hope other members will show up with some good recommendations soon ;)

Regards
Armand

I used Standard Chartered and as you say their fees were hefty. They were going to charge me US$500 when I transferred my money into my account until I protested and they waived the charge. They don't seem too bad on monthly charges. We also use Ecobank. They didn't make charges when we transferred the money in but their monthly fees are higher. My partner uses Barclays and has done for years.

Fidelity Bank!

hmm...full of options! so anyone gotta something to say about CAL?

Don't know anyone with CAL bank yet,but Zenith Bank Ghana equally good!

It all depends what sort of transactions youŽll be using this bank for- meaning if youŽll like to do foreign transfer, internet banking, etc, etc..Most banks donŽt seem to have the infrastructure in place for internet banking. I am a new business owner myself.  After extensive research and consulting professional advise i concluded- Unibank (savings account) for my personal account and Merchant bank for my business account. They both have websites.  You can google them. I transfer money from my european account sometimes but i never use the bank (charges are unacceptable) for this.  I use other method.

Nancy

That's interesting. I am having trouble transferring money from the UK. What other methods do you use?

By the way I was trying to answer a post on accraexpat from you I think.
You can drive on a foreign license for a year. I got my Ghanaian one soon after I arrived.

I would like to know this too because my husband is trying his damndest to send me money from Ghana but we're still unsuccesful.  He is sending money in an envelope next week with a guy who is flying to South Africa.  Don't know how safe that is but we'll have to try it because we need the money to survive this side too.  While life goes on in Ghana for my husband...life goes on in SA as well. Please inbox/email me with this info it will be very much appreciated.

I have never tried to send money out of Ghana! There are a lot of money transfer places so I would have thought it was easy to do it that way rather than use a bank account