Life in Cairo for expat wife

Hi there. could you advise how can be the life for expat wife in Cairo. We are going to move soon and i do not know anything about Cairo. I have never been there. What shell i bring with me and where can i go. Any advise is appreciated.

Hi Nadezda!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Hi and welcome :-)
I think there's lots of opportunity to make friends in Cairo, whether they're expats or Egyptians, so as long as you get to know a few people here once you arrive you'll be fine. This is important as people who live here can show you the best places, keep you safe and give you the most reliable advice. Otherwise it can be a bit daunting ;)

It's difficult to explain what life is like here until you arrive! :) Cairo is busy, vibrant, varied and has good and bad areas (like any city) but on the whole is very welcoming to expats.

Is there anything specific you want to know about? It's hard to say what you should bring or what you will encounter without being given some specific subjects. The guide on this site may be useful to you, and IrishAlexandrian writes some great blogs about life here if you search for her name.

Hope that's of some help.

Elaine

as eltviola said:
Is there anything specific you want to know about?
hope i can help u in any thing u want

Thank you for the soonest reply.
I would like to know if medical support is good in Cairo. We are planning to have a baby soon so i am worrying that we will not be able to get a good medical service.
Another question is about beauty saloons. I am from Russia and here are the best hairdressers and you can get the best manicure, pedicure  and massages. Is it the problem in Cairo?
  I am working in oilfield company. Is it a problem to find a job for expat woman? is it difficult to get a work visa?
Will i have to wear baggy clothes or cover for head. How is a shopping in Cairo?
Off course i have a lot of questions, but I appreciate if you could reply on this one for now.
Thank you in advance

Nadya

about the medical service don't worry about that if u will go to a big private hospital like Elsalam Hospital in Maadi or Dar Elfouad Hospital in the 6th of October city,,,,5 stars hospitals and 5 stars medical services
and about the beauty saloons,there is many of them,in all levels,,but the best as i think and as i heard in the famous hotels in cairo
and about shopping,trust me u will enjoy it very much :D

Thank you mr.hatahitos.
What about the housing? we are looking for big nice house in good area of Cairo. I heart that there is kind of closed communities with securities. Where are they located and what is approximate price?
Thank you again :)

it depends in ur budget?how much will u pay per month??

I do not know. The company pays for housing and i guess check the place and the price too.

there is a lot of places like that in Cairo,,,but the best one in my opinion is EL REHAB CITY