How to appeal refused entering Singapore

hi everyone.

i would like to ask something  i went to Vietnam this week and i have my return ticket, i am not satisfy to my tour and i plan to book a ticket going to Singapore, i also booked a return ticket going back to Philippines,  yesterday i arrived from Vietnam to Singapore, so i go to immigration quickly but they don"t allow me  in, the officer ask me how long i am going to stay i answer 12 days. they get my passport and bring me  to the immigration room. they as me a lot of question. i answer all of the question they are asking for, i show them also my business permit here in Philippines . but still they  don"t let  me in. they give me a return ticket sent back to Philippines, i think they have a new policy, because i just visit Singapore August 23 and go back again, i don"t  have any idea of their new policy,

How can i clear my case A to A to Singapore immigration.
i hope any one can help me to settle my case,

Second i want to ask if i can still travel to other country even if i am refused to enter Singapore

thank you so much,

It is not possible, from the limited information you gave, to ascertain why you were denied entry.
What did the officers say?
You mentioned previous visits. Did you visit often within a short time and/or stayed long? (In that case they might suspect you of working or doing business illegally here.)
You probably need to contact ICA to clear matters.

Denied entry in one country does not necessarily have an impact on entry into others, but if your passport was stamped they accordingly might ask uncomfortable questions.
(You can get a new passport to avoid this. Data is not exchanged between countries.)

hello beppi,

thank you for the message i went there in Singapore twice and they don't let me in
to Singapore for the third time i visit.  i went there for vacation  5 days is the longest  days i stay.the officer ask me a lot of questions about my friend  and my answer is the same,
they ask me how much money i have and i tell them the truth they ask me also what is my business here  in Philippines ans i answer them. they get my phone also they check everything from my phone the officer ask me who is my friend and tell them the address phone number and our photos together with her, so after that they bring me to the room where you can have your finger prints and pic after that taken. they call a police and bring me to the  room and wait my flight back going to Philippines.

Now im back to my country i check my passport  and nothing is in there (no stamp)
but there is a bond  paper stapler in my passport the ICA
(NOTICE OF REFUSAL OF ENTRY )
the case is  * being ineligible for issue of a pass under current immigration policy*
i was thinking maybe i don"t have yet 60 or 90 days and i am entering Singapore again  for my 3rd time. that's why they don"t let me in

my passport doesn't have any stamp only the bond paper they indicate about refusal
i remove the paper in my passport, i don"t have any idea about the new policy,

Now i want to ask how to clear my case to ICA.

thank you beppi :)

Did you exit Singapore and come back within a short time (less than a week) between your stays?
If so, that was your mistake.

jamie1992 wrote:

Now i want to ask how to clear my case to ICA.

You need to contact ICA and ask.

At least if you remove that paper from your passport, you can travel to other countries with no awkward questions asked.

Seriously telling, after gone through all these difficulties, why are you so much interest to visit here? Understand, if someone is trying job here but in your case is not the same.

Secondly, you have visited couple of times and Officer already looking at your record suspiciously. It's better just avoid coming here for a year or more.

But, yes you can reach out ICA for any clarification and keep that response as reference, carry that suppprting letter as and when you visit here.

As Beppi said you can remove that paper from your passport then there shouldn't be an issue visiting other countries. Good luck

i always visit Singapore for short  time maybe they are suspicious that i am looking for a job there
but i am not interested to find a job there because i am earning money here  in my country i have a business but the  problem is  i go there twice  and  for the third time is they  don"t let me in,

i just want to visit my friend there,

you know why even if i am trans woman i am not one of the transgender and trans woman who is looking for illegal job there in Singapore  maybe the immigration is thinking that i am looking for illegal work  but no, that's why they refused  me to enter Singapore.

ny way i want to ask also how can i contact  ICA bcause i try contact them  but its not available,
i also send a e-mail but still no reply,

thank you beppi,

i really appreciate  you're comments  now i can still travel to other country,
just remove the paper  in my passport ,

thank you so much

I am sorry for your situation, but unfortunately the Singapore authorities have the right decide who is allowed into the country and who is not. They can deny you for any reason they want, including unproven suspicions.
Singaporeans are also a very conservative society and some people are sure to have problems with you being transgendered. I am not even sure if transgenders are legal here - such topics are not normally discussed in public.
You can contact ICA via post, email or phone and the details are on their webpage. If they don't reply, try contacting the Singapore embassy in your country.

hi beppi,

i don't have any in-tension  to find   A job  there  but  its okay,
maybe they don't want me  to let me in so that i will not in trouble
and i think its  for the safety purpose.

i will try to send e-mail or contact them thank you again beppi for everything

hi beppi,

i have some questions regarding to ICA, I send e-mail and i received a message  from them,
they ask me to fill up the form Application  form 14 And V391 complete and sign
a photo copies of local sponsor Singapore identity card for application via post,
now the problem is i don't have sponsor who is Singaporean,

My fried there is not singaporean so she cant help me to go there,

As far as I know, foreigners who live (and work, so they have an income to support you) in Singapore can also sponsor visit visa.

yes but i don't have sponsor she's  the only one i know there in Singapore.

i just want to clear my name there  in you're country and i will not go there  anymore,
that's the only thing i want to do (no case  to other country) like refused to enter Singapore,

If you do not want a visa to enter Singapore, you don't need a sponsor.

okay but the problem here is i am refused to enter singapore
i just want to clear my name over there  but they need a sponsor (singaporean)
its already indicate at the form 14 and V391

if ever i want to go singapore after 3 years for example,

do you think they will refused me again  because i have  a record already there?

How can I know what ICA will decide in three years?!?

its okay beppi
any way thank you again :)

I am a singaporean , age 53 , I have a spouse which is a thai and we have a daughter , age 10 , both mother and daughter is staying in thai , by the way we are no married

Few years back I have ask her to come over Singapore to ROM so that I can bring both mother and daughter to Singapore , on that particular visit to Singapore my wife was stop at the immigration and was denial entry to Singapore , so the plan of bringing my family together into Singapore was stop by this sudden situiation

Today after 5 long years , I brought my spouse a return trip ticket , intention for her to come Singapore is to get ROM and get my family reunited , upon arrival she was stop at the immigration again and was denied entry to Singapore AGAIN , and was detail at the airport waiting to send back to bangkok AGAIN ....

I was told by the immigration that I have to write in to ICA to appeal for her case .... how should I go about to get my wife into Singapore and get married together with my daughter .... please help

I was told by the immigration that I have to write in to ICA to appeal for her case
-@Hwee Nam Koh

There you already have the answer, from the authoritative source (i.e. better than anything we could tell you).

So contact ICA, explain the situation (with all details like passport numbers, dates of travel and denial of entry) and then follow what they say to the dot. Do  NOT make any more attempts for her to come to Singapore without ICA's consent!

Please note: If she ever worked in Singapore on WP, you must get approval from MoM before marrying her.

And a question: Why didn't you get your girl the Singapore citizenship - which she was entitled to (as daughter of a Singapore citizen born abroad), if applied for within a year after birth? That would have made things much easier now!

@beppi hi there.

I also have the same situation. I wasn't allowed to enter Singapore and received a piece of paper with a notice of refusal for "being ineligible for the issue of a PASS under current immigration policies."

-my question is what does the PASS mean?

Visiting pass? S pass? Work permit?

For visiting pass, I understand that I need to reappeal to ICA if I want to return to Singapore.

For s pass/work permit, am I still allowed to apply for work if I decide to apply in a legal way?

@santiago38438 I think it means ANY pass.

@beppi thank you for your response.

I was banned for 2years due to multiple re-entries staring Feb 2023. How soon can I apply for an appeal to ICA?

And are there cases here that appeals are being approved? Thank you again.

@santiago38438 If you have been banned for two years starting from Feb. 2023, then you can enter again in Mar. 2025.

@beppi thank you for your reply.

The immigration officer told me that I can appeal to ICA if I cannot wait for 2 years. But my question is, how soon can I apply for an appeal? I wasn't able to ask him that question because I was shocked that time.

@santiago38438 Then ask ICA. How could we know?!?

I am just asking if anyone in this group had the situation like me? Refused to enter and was banned for 1 or 2 years. Maybe if anyone here tried to write an appeal to ICA with sponsorship to re-enter? And how soon did you do it? Do I have to wait for 3 months? 6 months? Thank you.

@santiago38438 As I said before, ask ICA,not us! No two cases are the same - and so is the treatment of them by ICA.

Hi all here, i'm Indonesian. i want to told my stories and experience,i had refused entry to Singapore at the first time was april 2018, travelled from JB to Singapore via Woodlands Checkpoints ,the officer of ICA refused my entry to Singapore then send me back to JB. Then i back to Batam from Stulang laut ferry terminal JB

After 2 weeks i had tried go to Singapore, from Batam ferry terminal to Harbourfront Ferry terminal, i went to Singapore together with my son, then also got refused entry again to Singapore, after few months i tried again to Singapore reach at Tanah merah ferry terminal also same issue got refused entry again. After that i don't want to try anymore.

Until last 2 weeks ago, that means after 5 years++ since my first time refused entry, i go to Singapore then can entry to Singapore smoothly, the officer didn't ask me question.

That's my experience

@Steven Chow73 Rather than depending on your luck (which is what you did), it is always better to contact ICA and get their clearance, if you have been refused entry before!

@santiago38438 hi, may i know how do you know if you are banned for 2 years? Does it state anywhere or did you manage to ask ica?

@gogo1010 actually I don't know them banned me or nt ... 2021 I re enter to Singapore after my boss apply work permit after thumb print officer bring to office then ask me the appeal letter ... so I don't know the procedure them just ask sen email or cal ica.. almost 5years already I enter to Singapore

... Now what I wan to do..

@gogo1010 hi.

I directly asked the ica officer how long am I banned… They said 2 years. 🙁